KTM 200 xc-w Impresses

Purchased my first KTM a few weeks ago, 2009 200 xc-w, and was finally able to get it up to the woods yesterday.  I must say it took me a lot to get the bike up to my standards, including a new top end, but this bike is a lot of fun to ride now.  I am really impressed how much grunt it has at the really low RPM's.  I went with my 2 sons with their YZ125 and YZ250 and while the 250 has quite a bit more mid to top, I actually think the 200 has better low end.  It is super light, handles good, and overall I was really impressed.  I was originally looking for a 300, but now I might just keep this 200.  I'm only 170 lbs, and it seems to have plenty of power for me.  

Now to start replacing all these rusty bolts!  Never seen so much rust on a bike that wasn't built in the 70's.  

• Like 1

200's are awesome, and aren't made anymore.  Even if you get a 300 keep the 200, I'll never get rid of mine.

• Like 1

I think the dumbest thing KTM ever done was quit making the 200. For the average guy that just wanted to go out and trail ride on the weekends you couldn't beat it. It had enough power to get the job done and was a joy to ride. 

• Like 1