Potential Buy Early tomorrow morning -2005 KTM 450 exc

SO I'm about to embark on a possible buy of a Used  2005 KTM 450exc .
 Clean title ,runs ,supposedly no leaks  etc . 
 Got the seller down to $2,200 before looking at it tomorrow morning . 
 Are there any details of this to pay close attention to before I buy it "IF" I buy it ? 
00K0K_6WVoNUcrsGM_1200x900.jpg.e94d0851855c06b843f78a741a94c9b4.jpg

Are you sure it's an exc?
The rear fender doesn't have the fender support and no lights, just sayin,might want to check the VIN

13 minutes ago, iceguy said:

Are you sure it's an exc?
The rear fender doesn't have the fender support and no lights, just sayin,might want to check the VIN

Thanks for chiming in . I too was wondering if it should have a headlight  and if so but missing wouldn't that cause a problem with the stator  ? 

I don't believe that the exc's have to run a headlight but it looks more like a mxc.
I know guys that have setup exc's for flat track and ice racing and removed the lights for those applications without any ill effects.
I'd do some research, you might as well get what your paying for or at least educate the seller.
He either doesn't know what he's talking about or he's trying to pull some bullsheet

Thanks guys for helping me out . I'm going to go check it out in a hour and will find out just what it is . I 'll report back 

Update - 
 The Bike was in fact a 2005 KTM 450 EXC But had wires hanging all over the place . The owner got it in a trade and was flipping it . oil looked cooked and seals were leaking .That was enough for me to walk away .
 By the end of the day though I ended up scoring a well kept 2003 kawasaki klx400 for $1,900  So the day wasn't a bust .Thanks to everyone who helped out .I really do appreciate it .

I love the fresh wash job in some of the craigslist posts.......leave it dirty until ya need to sell it. Red light, stay away. Glad you found a bike.  That's a 1000 dollar KTM.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UH1H said:

I love the fresh wash job in some of the craigslist posts.......leave it dirty until ya need to sell it. Red light, stay away.

Yep you see it all the time - like it aint half obvious - huge pool of water

Yep you see it all the time - like it aint half obvious - huge pool of water

Huge pool of water/ oil
Lol

SO I'm about to embark on a possible buy of a Used  2005 KTM 450exc .
 Clean title ,runs ,supposedly no leaks  etc . 
 Got the seller down to $2,200 before looking at it tomorrow morning . 
 Are there any details of this to pay close attention to before I buy it "IF" I buy it ? 
00K0K_6WVoNUcrsGM_1200x900.jpg.e94d0851855c06b843f78a741a94c9b4.jpg

Just pray the valves don't cost you big after you purchase.
  • Like 1

Pretty sure he passed on it and bought a KLX 400......someone else can pick up that cream puff.

On 6/2/2017 at 7:50 PM, UH1H said:

Pretty sure he passed on it and bought a KLX 400......someone else can pick up that cream puff.

Yep if it is puking smoke or fluids pass on it, rode hard and maintained hard. If it was just a wiring harness that is only fifty dollars for a new one. Anything else get your checkbook out. Good choice moving on ?

• Like 1

I agree . I've gone down the rabbit hole before with bikes and learned to trust your gut  . Look for the red flags which can be hard to do in the excitement of buying a dirt bike .
 This KTM is still for sale today.Not saying its a P.O.S but Its a P.O.S lol .. 
I've done some work with the KLX since I've got it but its all Personal tailoring kind of work .Happy I took a different direction .  

Plus even the 400 exc is a much better woods weapon, the power delivery on my 03 450 was terrible.

My 04 450exc was like riding a mongoose until I made some mods for riding in the woods and crawling up rocks and other obstacles. It just hit to hard on the throttle which always put me in the wrong position, but that is a topic for another thread ?