Father And Son Rides Pics

Teaching my son to ride has been one of the most fun activities I've ever been a part of. Eight years, six bikes, countless dollars and who knows how many hours repairing and prepping the bikes equal one unbreakable bond that the two of us will forever share. I picked him up out of the mud and helped him across the rocks. Now he showers me with these things as I try to keep up with him. There are lots of proud dads out there. Let's share some pics and stories.20170219_091150.jpg

• Like 4

IMG_0921.JPG me and my dad after i won the 2016-2017 Junior C championship. i don't get how so many kids i race with let their dads do all of this themselves. They don't help them at all and half of them don't even know how their bike works or what a piston is. glad to hear you and your son are enjoying it. it truly is a blast. safe rides for you and him.

• Like 5

That's awesome man. My son does most of his own maintenance and prep. To me that's just part of the sport. When he was ten he Duda top end on a kx60. I only supervised, never touched it. He's never changed a tire though. This is about to change though. He has to change one before we race this Sunday.

• Like 1

I got a boy and his name is "The Boy" and he hates easy rides. I'm not sure if I should rename him to "The Menacing Boy"

IMG_1846.JPG.fb623e69294f4a8e9ae5ded2ff1d738e.JPG

Nice hill!
  • Like 1

There used to be a thread on this before! 

Sadly I lost my dad before I really got into the motocross, but he always brought me to collect my bikes, drove me to and from the track, taught me everything I know about bikes. We used to spend many a weekend riding the road bikes, until one day he past away, doing what he loved,

RIP dad

dad.jpg

• Like 6

There used to be a thread on this before! 
Sadly I lost my dad before I really got into the motocross, but he always brought me to collect my bikes, drove me to and from the track, taught me everything I know about bikes. We used to spend many a weekend riding the road bikes, until one day he past away, doing what he loved,
RIP dad

dad.thumb.jpg.de5aa42c337125a4714898c6114729dc.jpg

Sorry to hear about your loss, Ride on.
  • Like 3

How about Mother and Daughter? This is a dream come true for me, my wife started riding in 2014 on a small wheel TT-R 125, then a big wheel version. Last week we picked her up a CRF230. I lowered it, threw in a rekluse and seat cover. Today was her first ride on her new bike and she got to share it with a very special riding buddy, Our 4-year-old daughter, with Dad riding sweep on the mt bike. The ladies rode well and the wife loves her new bike. Special day for us. Proud day for me.

IMG_8697.jpg

• Like 5

My son and me, circa 1993. He's 31 now and I'm....well, I'm old. We still ride together. How about those neon colors?

JBmoto7.jpg.a8e74bad600719433226aa3f91235797.jpg

• Like 5

How about Mother and Daughter? This is a dream come true for me, my wife started riding in 2014 on a small wheel TT-R 125, then a big wheel version. Last week we picked her up a CRF230. I lowered it, threw in a rekluse and seat cover. Today was her first ride on her new bike and she got to share it with a very special riding buddy, Our 4-year-old daughter, with Dad riding sweep on the mt bike. The ladies rode well and the wife loves her new bike. Special day for us. Proud day for me.

IMG_8697.thumb.jpg.47f27adae767a483dce4227a9f44d93d.jpg

Absolutely! I have a wife and two daughters. The wife just got herself a ttr 230. Well, in April. She still has yet to ride it. The girls are still tank riders. My wife bought daughter 1 a KTM 50 a few years ago for her to "learn on". Bad choice lol. We're still in therapy. I actually looked at a ttr 90 yesterday to try to re kindle that flame. Anyway , more mother and daughter pics are coming soon. Thanks for the idea!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 76xtdrvr said:

My son and me, circa 1993. He's 31 now and I'm....well, I'm old. We still ride together. How about those neon colors?

Awesome pic man 👍👍 funny I was kidding racing blue fork Kawasakis 125s with neon gear lol i have 15 yo daughter she's can ride and did but now it's sports and freinds old dad's not cool enough anymore lol

My daughter started on a strider then I bought her a Razor MX350 and installed a variable speed throttle. No engine noise so it's very non intimidating and she tires out before the battery does. I reluctantly put training wheels on it for about 3 months for her to learn the throttle and brake control. Once she started coasting hills with her feet up on the strider, I ripped the training wheels off. Took her to a football field to ride about 10 times, now she is getting more and more confident every ride.

Neon is back in style man. And I can almost smell the smoke in the picture. Those days create bonds that never break do they. ???

My son and I have been riding together since he was a little guy, fortunately I have a lot of pictures, these are 2 of my favorites.

He and I chatting when he was about 6, the second was from our trip to the U.P. last July, he's 12 now, and it just keeps getting better. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2