Cleaning air filter

Need to clean my air filter for this weekends ride, what can I use? Mate said hot water and soap??

• Like 1

I did mine this weekend. I used a bucket with hot water and degreaser or your desired soap

• Like 1

Petrol makes like new lightly squeeze out then let dry ad your preferred oils I use 2t oil

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tzr2503xv said:

Petrol makes like new lightly squeeze out then let dry ad your preferred oils I use 2t oil

You may get hated on for that response. Lol.

• Like 1

Rinse it with gas then light it up with a match. The heat will burn off all the dirt and anything in/on the filter

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Bron-Yr-Aur said:

Oxy Clean will clean it in a way that regular soap only dreams about...

HI BILLY MAYS HERE WITH OXY-CLEAN!

• Like 1

Odorless Mineral spirits from Home Depot, it takes the oil out in seconds, does not ruin the foam like gasoline. then wash it with soap and water. You can reuse the spirits just filter it thorough a sock that you use in the shoe store to try shoes : ), or whatever you feel fits. 1/2 gallons is plenty!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, joyhnye75 said:

Odorless Mineral spirits from Home Depot, it takes the oil out in seconds, does not ruin the foam like gasoline. then wash it with soap and water. You can reuse the spirits just filter it thorough a sock that you use in the shoe store to try shoes : ), or whatever you feel fits. 1/2 gallons is plenty!

You can just let the shit settle to the bottom. I use a coffee can and replace the can with the shit, save the solvent, every year or so.