Honda Cr250 2001 hard to start

hello there folks, i had to sign up to Thumpertalk to ask if there is anyone who can give me some tips og tricks to start my honda cr 250.

it's has a hard time starting nomatter it's cold or warm outside, i have a new plug and i can stand for 5 to 10 minutes just kicking it before it runs. even when it's hot. the carb is clean and jetted good.

so is there any tricks i need to learn so i can start her in the first 1-3 kicks?

best regards Ole

The bike should start in 1-2 good kicks with choke. 

Should start or want to on the first kick. 

Hold the throttle open a tiny bit when you kick.

The reeds where okay i bought carbon reeds but it where the wrong types. Compression is good, the piston where changed for about 5-10 hours ago by last owner. All the 

I'm getting so frustrated by this bike :/ when i'm on the track and stop it i must stay for about 5-10 mins kicking it then suddenly out of nowhere it starts

you should see 180-200 psi if everything is stock. what did your gauge read?

have you looked at the carb yet?

did you pull the plug to see what it looked like? is it wet with fuel?

what does the air filter look like?

The compression is 192. The carb is stock so i'm not sure about jet size. The airfilter could maybe had a wash, the plug is new. But i have had some problem with the contacts. But did use electrospray on all of them. The Carb is cleaned too. I may think one problem could be the cdi box, sometimes i get a weak spark and sometimes a strong one. But this is only after i washed it. Then i have to spray the contacts to mase shure there is no damp in there

The compression is 192. The carb is stock so i'm not sure about jet size. The airfilter could maybe had a wash, the plug is new. But i have had some problem with the contacts. But did use electrospray on all of them. The Carb is cleaned too. I may think one problem could be the cdi box, sometimes i get a weak spark and sometimes a strong one. But this is only after i washed it. Then i have to spray the contacts to mase shure there is no damp in there

Change your ignition coil and plug wire/cap

1 hour ago, Watige420 said:

Change your ignition coil and plug wire/cap

i have done this many times. but i think the problem is that i don't know the technique for starting procedure, i did manage to find TDC today an kick it like hell, did only stand for 2 minutes before it went alive