2017 350 xcf and a g2 throttle tamer ?

Hey all, first time posting here as well as first time dirt bike owner. Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with a G2 throttle tamer tube? I've got a 17 350 xcf and I'm trying to figure out what grips I can actually use with it. From what I can gather i cannot use a lock on grip (which I love) for these and will have to use a standard slip on grip which(I have never done) would require glue and wire? Any lock on grip I can find is already premounted to a new tube and assume vulcanized onto. Lock Ons came oem on the bike and I can't remember if the left side of bar has the the gnurling prob required to hold a glued on grip or not? I'd like to have an Odi Rogue slip on but not sure possible. Maybe Odi would send a throttle side not mounted? Thanks for hearing my ramble.

The G2 that I ordered has a more forgiving pull on the first 20% of the throttle then ramps up to full throttle. Was looking for a little more forgiveness in tight singletrack and slow speed riding. I could use a lock on for left, but need a matching, "unmounted" grip for the right. I think I'm explaining this right, probably not lol. I've got my full coverage busters mounted right now and didn't want to pull everything apart for a closer inspection if I didn't have to.

Bike comes with map switch and went from 14 to 13 in the front which helped. Just trying to calm some of the inherent FI twitchyness in the tight/slower stuff for me. I called ODI today and only solution gripwise is to order 2 sets. 1 set of the V2 Rogue lock ons and 1 set of their Rogue motocross grips. Lock on the left side and glue on the right to new G2 tube. I guess this will also give me a spare mounted throttle tube to put in my box also. Thanks AppDawg!

7 hours ago, Rdway60 said:

Bike comes with map switch and went from 14 to 13 in the front which helped. Just trying to calm some of the inherent FI twitchyness in the tight/slower stuff for me. I called ODI today and only solution gripwise is to order 2 sets. 1 set of the V2 Rogue lock ons and 1 set of their Rogue motocross grips. Lock on the left side and glue on the right to new G2 tube. I guess this will also give me a spare mounted throttle tube to put in my box also. Thanks AppDawg!

I'm a G2 user and know exactly what you're referring to. You already answered your own question in a sense - lock on the left, glue & wire on the right. 

But I also wanted to reinforce the G2 products VS map switches. Surprisingly the throttle will be a lot more noticeable and more direct for what you're wanting to do. You could then couple this with the more-tame map plugin as well. But those G2 cams make a massive difference in delivery. 

Sweet! Glad to hear kga 109. Just ordered 2 sets from RMtn ATV along with some summer riding gear. And all of my riding so far has been in map 1 and TC on lol. BTW, what bike do you have your G2's on and what about your grip choice? I could tell pretty early on that I hated skinny grips on my xcf as much as I did on my Santa Cruze MTB. Rogues are on the way!

• 1 month later...

Sorry - I just-now saw this. 

I used their throttle on my 250XC 2 stroke (mostly with the stock cam for the most hit), but on my 300 I actually used the 300 to mellow the delivery out. Again, massive difference. 

Now I have a 350XCF and am still messing with cams and maps - I don't have a firm setting I prefer yet. 

As far as grips, I prefer the Renthal Half Waffle in Soft or Medium. Currently running Soft. 

On May 31, 2017 at 10:11 PM, Rdway60 said:

Sweet! Glad to hear kga 109. Just ordered 2 sets from RMtn ATV along with some summer riding gear. And all of my riding so far has been in map 1 and TC on lol. BTW, what bike do you have your G2's on and what about your grip choice? I could tell pretty early on that I hated skinny grips on my xcf as much as I did on my Santa Cruze MTB. Rogues are on the way!