2017 Buttstomper

2 hours ago, Slackkinhard said:

is this on the club land?

Yes, this is on our private property.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Carvin said:

Is this suitable for all levels?

All levels of hard core ? Yes !

The race is not for the weak...trust me.

• Like 1

I was hoping to gauge against other local events to determine if my team would enjoy the challenge or just get hammered. 13 mile loops for 24 hours across four riders. I expected hare scramble pace 2-4 laps at a time with a couple hours break in between. Suitable for B or C level riders doing NMA or desert 100? Walker Valley type terrain? Thanks

I remember the Buttstomper at Reiter and it was only about 8mile laps and in the middle of the night it would take hours to get around. Some folks are still out there :)

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 1:34 PM, Carvin said:

I was hoping to gauge against other local events to determine if my team would enjoy the challenge or just get hammered. 13 mile loops for 24 hours across four riders. I expected hare scramble pace 2-4 laps at a time with a couple hours break in between. Suitable for B or C level riders doing NMA or desert 100? Walker Valley type terrain? Thanks

Speeds will be low, B riders should have no problem, C riders might be challenged in a couple spots but they will make it.

• Like 1

My son is planning to do this race and I might fill in if one of his team members drops out.  I don't think his KTM 200 xc has the stator to run a real strong light.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a good strong helmet light that can make it a couple of hours between battery changes or any other ideas to light up the trail on the cheap?

On 6/11/2017 at 9:42 PM, chezdude said:

My son is planning to do this race and I might fill in if one of his team members drops out.  I don't think his KTM 200 xc has the stator to run a real strong light.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a good strong helmet light that can make it a couple of hours between battery changes or any other ideas to light up the trail on the cheap?

Cyclops....

https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:42 PM, chezdude said:

What MX813 said...Cyclops. They are local, and make such good product that they have a world wide market.  To top it off, they are a sponsor of the Buttstomper, a pretty much any other race that runs at night.

We still have spots available for this race. It is the only chance to ride these trails at our private property. They are what Reiter used to be. Don't miss out!

That sounds like a good time. Unfortunately my riding buddies are too scared so if anyone is in need of another rider for their team give me a shout.

That sounds like a good time. Unfortunately my riding buddies are too scared so if anyone is in need of another rider for their team give me a shout.

What are they scared of?
  • Like 1

On 6/23/2017 at 10:43 AM, robz11b said:

Do it Ironman!