Dirt ride apparel stores in greater Los Angeles

Want to take my gf to a store to buy her some dirt bike gear, maybe try out some Klim stuff my self. Is there a giant motocross/enduro gear store that carries variety of sizes and brands? I know i can get it online but I really eant to try things out. I have a long torso, muscular build and large thigs and not every 36 waist fits the same. Usual motorcycle dealers have like 1 rack of pants , 3 gloves and 1 crappy boot all sized xsmall....

Go to chapparal in San Bernadino. Not sure where you live exactly but it should be about an hour drive or more from LA but totally worth it. They'll have everything you need. You can look up their website too. Just Google chapparal motorsports

• Like 1

Go to chapparal in San Bernadino. Not sure where you live exactly but it should be about an hour drive or more from LA but totally worth it. They'll have everything you need. You can look up their website too. Just Google chapparal motorsports

Yeah , I found chapparal and was going to visit, did not know how much gear they carried before I made the trip.

Yeah , I found chapparal and was going to visit, did not know how much gear they carried before I made the trip.

Yeah, just give em a quick phone call and let em know what you're looking for

Cycle Gear? OR -- just ride in jeans until you know if you like the sport. Heck, I still ride in jeans. Actually they are the Iron Workers jeans with kevlar lining. I find them the most comfortable of all my riding pants. And they have pockets!

Cycle Gear? OR -- just ride in jeans until you know if you like the sport. Heck, I still ride in jeans. Actually they are the Iron Workers jeans with kevlar lining. I find them the most comfortable of all my riding pants. And they have pockets!

Mmmm pockets... *sucks drool back into mouth*
  • Like 1

As others have said Chap Moto is the biggest selection you will find in so cal.  Your going to geek out when you see it.  It's huge.  But not close for you I think you were in SF vally right.  I'm 15 min for chapmoto.  If ur gunna make the trip to IE Malcom Smith motor sports in riverside is ok and also Langston Racing in Murreta is pretty good and a bit better than MS.  But if you need bike parts at MS good luck they have NEVER had any bike parts I have ever needed.  

Edited by Bill_B

7 hours ago, Bill_B said:

As others have said Chap Moto is the biggest selection you will find in so cal.  Your going to geek out when you see it.  It's huge.  But not close for you I think you were in SF vally right.  I'm 15 min for chapmoto.  If ur gunna make the trip to IE Malcom Smith motor sports in riverside is ok and also Langston Racing in Murreta is pretty good and a bit better than MS.  But if you need bike parts at MS good luck they have NEVER had any bike parts I have ever needed.  

I am in Pasadena, will make the trip to chapparal this weekend

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, digitalzombie said:

I am in Pasadena, will make the trip to chapparal this weekend

We have a decent selection of colors and sizes in Klim and a smaller selection of Fox/Shift gear. I carry inexpensive Fly boots, Alpinestar Tech 1 and 3 for the next price up then Alpinestar Tech 7 and some Gaerne S10's. if I don't have a color combo you like ordering is no problem. I'm about 15 minutes away from you here in Montrose off of the 210. We are here Monday-Friday, 9-6. Unfortunately Saturdays became a dead player for us about 10 years ago so we are not open on the weekend. In most cases if we have to special order something for you and it doesn't work out no big deal, we can return it to the vendor no issue. Give us a shot if it works into your schedule!

Thanks-

Eric

• Like 1

We have a decent selection of colors and sizes in Klim and a smaller selection of Fox/Shift gear. I carry inexpensive Fly boots, Alpinestar Tech 1 and 3 for the next price up then Alpinestar Tech 7 and some Gaerne S10's. if I don't have a color combo you like ordering is no problem. I'm about 15 minutes away from you here in Montrose off of the 210. We are here Monday-Friday, 9-6. Unfortunately Saturdays became a dead player for us about 10 years ago so we are not open on the weekend. In most cases if we have to special order something for you and it doesn't work out no big deal, we can return it to the vendor no issue. Give us a shot if it works into your schedule!
 Thanks-
 Eric

Awesome, yeah I'll stop by there first then , I work right around the corner @jpl
  • Like 3

Glad to Scott's in the mix. Good people there.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, digitalzombie said:

Awesome, yeah I'll stop by there first then , I work right around the corner @jpl

Do you build rocket ships?!

• Like 1

Don't spend all your money at Scott's befor you see chap moto you'll be sorry!  But if your in the market for a stabilizer then knock ur self out, Scott's are awsome.  

Don't spend all your money at Scott's befor you see chap moto you'll be sorry!  But if your in the market for a stabilizer then knock ur self out, Scott's are awsome.  

No stabilizer, just some apparel.

Chaparral = Overrated  

My opinion ....  If you're into seeing everything under the sun. This is the place. But .... Don't expect that you're getting the best deal, cause you're not.

https://www.btosports.com/c/Blowouts

Edited by Hallzilla

Scott's for Klim gear. limited on some gear. small shop.
don't go to Bert's.
Chaparral as a LAST resort.

I know trying stuff on is great and all, especially if you're oddly shaped . . . but I'm a huge fan of RMATV ***CloseOuts***.  Especially if you ride a 4 stroke, it's pretty much guaranteed that if you spend anywhere close to 100 bucks on a pair of pants, you will burn a hole in them after the first tip over . . . it's a law of physics or something . . . yet if you get a close out pair for 50 bucks, they'll last for years to come, and countless dirtnaps and tip overs.  My knee braces are horrible about wearing a hole in the leather so usually I just wait until I need something in my cart to avoid shipping, and then hit the closeouts.  Big fan of Troy Lee Air line . . . and try to stick with light colors . . . makes a big difference in SoCal heat.

I would recommend trying on KLIM . . . I think I got the LONG version but the same size KLIM was 2-4" longer than the half dozen other pants and jerseys I have in the closet . . . fits the worst, and was the most expensive.

I know trying stuff on is great and all, especially if you're oddly shaped . . . but I'm a huge fan of RMATV ***CloseOuts***.  Especially if you ride a 4 stroke, it's pretty much guaranteed that if you spend anywhere close to 100 bucks on a pair of pants, you will burn a hole in them after the first tip over . . . it's a law of physics or something . . . yet if you get a close out pair for 50 bucks, they'll last for years to come, and countless dirtnaps and tip overs.  My knee braces are horrible about wearing a hole in the leather so usually I just wait until I need something in my cart to avoid shipping, and then hit the closeouts.  Big fan of Troy Lee Air line . . . and try to stick with light colors . . . makes a big difference in SoCal heat.

I would recommend trying on KLIM . . . I think I got the LONG version but the same size KLIM was 2-4" longer than the half dozen other pants and jerseys I have in the closet . . . fits the worst, and was the most expensive.

This is good advice and is soo true. I have the Husqvarna branded gotland pants imported from England, first ride side got caught on something and ripped a hole through...