350 xcf - woods/trail must do mods

So after some time away from dirt bikes I'm looking to get a trail bike that I can occasionally ride some mx on if I get that urge again. I'm 6'3 225 lbs and I'm looking for some input on mods for this bike. Its a 17' and I know they are much improved from the 13' 350sxf I had , on the 13 I added two teeth to the rear, map switch, quick turn throttle and it was super fun bike to ride. So on the 17's what kind of gearing are you guys running? What about psi in the forks? Are there any preventive mods to do? Any issues to worry about?

So far I'm getting a recluse , scotts under bar, hand guards, shark fin,skid plate and a oversize tank. What about clutch pull anyway of helping this ?

And last what is a good mount for an iPhone for nav ?

Thanks for the help

Edited by norcal_hoss

I have a 2017 250 XC-F that I picked up last October and have a 170 hours on it so far. 

I added the following to it:

- rear shark fin

- TMD skid plate

- Fastway replacement linkage and guard

- Hand Guards

- Rekluse with Rekluse left hand rear brake

I didn't bother with a damper despite loving it on my previous bike as I have found the suspension with the forks and rear shock & linkage to be amazing. I also didn't bother with a oversize tank as it handles 100 miles on the tank easily.

I use a valiant phone mount from amazon and it has been awesome and bombproof: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KH3J6I6

Put a fan on the bike, you will need it for slow  for trail riding in the summer. TrailTech has a nice one. The Midwest Mountain lever will help with clutch pull, but you won't use it much with the Rekluse, which is a must have mod to stop flameouts and riding a gear high, low RPM to make traction.

at 225 you will have to go with shock work . 

i am at 190 and my 500 exc-f is to soft . i will have to put bigger spring and heavier oil but don't want to pay 2000$ 

i also run Rekluse and i should put that 1200$ in shock work instead . 

at 6,3 go with fastway air pegg at low boy setting and bars riser at front position ( i am 6,2 ) 

Edited by cisco 1