Cooper Webb getting frisky on a smoker

Great sound, I miss that so much.  And the smell.

Wednesday and Friday night races on my '83 and '84 YZ125's back in high school were some of my best memories, ever.

• Like 11

If only they would bring them back, cost of racing would drop in half, the bikes wouldn't be as dangerous, JS7 could make a come back, Ricky would return on a chariot, the skies would part & the seas would open.  

• Like 18

46 minutes ago, Kev_XR said:

Where are those tracks?

Coming off a factory 450, that 125 must feel like a mtn bike.

Are you setting up for a new Yamaha smoker rumor?

The track in the first video is on the NC/SC Border at that shit ass tourist trap called South of the Border. The other one is from East Bend MX taken within the last week. Its about 20 minutes west of Winston Salem NC so pretty easy for him to hit their night open practices from his new place in NC. Its actually not too uncommon to catch pros that live in the area turning laps there during the week. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jcm3 said:

Great sound, I miss that so much.  And the smell.

Wednesday and Friday night races on my '83 and '84 YZ125's back in high school were some of my best memories, ever.

Both are still available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StretchASU said:

The track in the first video is on the NC/SC Border at that shit ass tourist trap called South of the Border. The other one is from East Bend MX taken within the last week. Its about 20 minutes west of Winston Salem NC so pretty easy for him to hit their night open practices from his new place in NC. Its actually not too uncommon to catch pros that live in the area turning laps there during the week. 

Oh, damn, I remember that place!  We used to always stop there to take a piss when we were heading down to Myrtle Beach from Ft. Bragg.  If it still smells like piss, it's probably partly my fault.  :lol:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, YHGEORGE said:

Both are still available.

I actually considered it at one point.  A YZ125 with the suspension done would be fun, but it would never compare to how it felt back in high school.  It had such a different feel back then, nothing like that now (kind of like Christmas when you were a little kid).

2 hours ago, YHGEORGE said:

I wonder what Yamaha thinks of him out there playing.

And that would be any different than him riding it at his private track an hour away? LOL. 

There are a number of pro riders both MX and Offroad that have 125's and ride them regularly. You'll see one at this weekends 125 Dream Race on a Husky. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jcm3 said:

I actually considered it at one point.  A YZ125 with the suspension done would be fun, but it would never compare to how it felt back in high school.  It had such a different feel back then, nothing like that now (kind of like Christmas when you were a little kid).

:thumbsup:

44 minutes ago, StretchASU said:

And that would be any different than him riding it at his private track an hour away? LOL. 

There are a number of pro riders both MX and Offroad that have 125's and ride them regularly. You'll see one at this weekends 125 Dream Race on a Husky. 

Understood. But! He is a Pro at the highest level now and coming off an injury and right at the start of the season and the only Yammie rider with any chance to put the brand up front.  If I was writing his checks I would want him to be spending all his time on the bike he is racing. It seems obvious to me both need the development time. If I was Robert Kraft I wouldn't want Tom Brady playing flag football with the local yahoos at the city park.

• Like 1

I bet he'd finish better this week if he was on the 250 smoker

It may not be as powerful as advanced or as new but he'd be having fun and that's more than half the battle 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, YHGEORGE said:

Understood. But! He is a Pro at the highest level now and coming off an injury and right at the start of the season and the only Yammie rider with any chance to put the brand up front.  If I was writing his checks I would want him to be spending all his time on the bike he is racing. It seems obvious to me both need the development time. If I was Robert Kraft I wouldn't want Tom Brady playing flag football with the local yahoos at the city park.

It's funny this post looks like all the others in regards to Factory Yamaha's performance over the last five years.

A giant bag of excuses... 

Edited by KTMRider4Life
  • Like 1

For a long time folks have poo poo'ed Suzuki but they have an outdoor championship currently, Yammie will never attain that with their current bikes.