hey, so I jus wanted some opinions on the fox instinct boots. ive seen some reviews here and there from years ago but it seems as though fox updates their boot yearly from what ive seen. any one wanna chime in on the boot? I know this is a matter of opinion but just wanted to hear what some of you had to say. thanks

I have been using my fox instincts for 2 years and love them. They run a little small but are very comfortable and provide great protection. I love mine and when they wear out I'm definitely going to buy them again.

Strap passes and buckles snap easy and they won't replace sole when it's worn out but the protection is on point IMO.

If you buy those boots you better keep some spare buckles/straps/passes on your person.

Edited by Casing-daily

Weird Iv never had any straps break and I'm pretty sure you can send it to them to replace the sole you just need to pay a small fee.

5 minutes ago, Dirtshark808 said:

Weird Iv never had any straps break and I'm pretty sure you can send it to them to replace the sole you just need to pay a small fee.

They won't, I tried and they said they wouldn't do it..

I know alpine stars will replace the sole for sure tho

Edited by Casing-daily

I have some 2017 Instincts and I do like them. That being said the only reason I bought them was becuase I was able to buy them waaaayyyy below retail price. Prior to these boots I had always bought Alpinestar tech 3's and I was fine with them. The instincts do have nicer buckles that are easier to get off when packed with mud and the ankle hinge is a nice addition as well. That being said, IMHO the extra cost associated with buying Instincts over Tech 3's or something else isn't worth it to me.

1 hour ago, Bryan Bosch said:

Instinct or Instinct off-road version?

Regular instinct 

will never buy them again. 

they are very comfortable, but honestly they offer no ankle protection, after a few rides on new boots you can bend the toes into the shin just holding the boot in your hand.  where is the protection? 

to many guys in our group have hurt themselves in those boots, latest being a broken ankle and heel. 

tech 10s for me now