Should I trade my bike for a kx250f project?

So I got an offer to trade straight across my 04 kdx200 (in good running condition) for a 04 kx250f. It has a lot of upgrades, and only needs a top end rebuild (supposedly). I've never rebuilt a 4 stroke, I'm mechanically inclined and have rebuilt 2 strokes before. Any thoughts would be welcome!IMG_2083.JPG

Dont do it, a top end on a 4t can get pricey depending on what the head needs. Beyond that Ive heard the first couple years of these and the rmz250s are bad news, but Ive never had, or worked on, one of them so thats all second hand.

Keep the KDX! No way that trade is worth it for you. '04 KDX200 and '04 KX250f. Both are 13 years old. Look which one is still running....

• Like 4

You could buy another clean kdx for what it will cost to get that 250f running.

• Like 2

NNNNOOOOOOO!!!

'04 is the joint project with Suzuki.  Probably the worst 250f's ever produced.

Very true! One of the worst years for kawis and Suzuki 250fs

No way. Kxf wouldn't even be worth It running

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bron-Yr-Aur said:

I can help. Sell me your KDX then go buy what you want :)

Cool avatar - Led Zep - fave band  :thumbsup:

Ha, where are you located?

SW PA near Johnstown. I've been casually looking for one. My boy wants it when he grows out of his KX100. Which will most likely be next spring. There are a few here and there, but the majority are roached out unfortunately.

SW PA near Johnstown. I've been casually looking for one. My boy wants it when he grows out of his KX100. Which will most likely be next spring. There are a few here and there, but the majority are roached out unfortunately.

They're a great bike for a teen. I'm 180 lbs and it hauls me around pretty dang good. My main bike is a 250f and I still enjoy riding my 200. But unless you want to drive 1200 miles to come buy it from me, you'll have to keep looking Haha.

They're a great bike for a teen. I'm 180 lbs and it hauls me around pretty dang good. My main bike is a 250f and I still enjoy riding my 200. But unless you want to drive 1200 miles to come buy it from me, you'll have to keep looking Haha.

Nah I can wait. :) Which direction are you from me? Must be west.