safarifueltank Safari Fuel Tank for 690 Enduro R (almost 7 gallons total)

The link takes you to Honda and Yamaha tanks. If you type in your bike on the RMATV home page it pops up though. 

Looks like the least expensive option of the plumbed in tanks. :thumbsup:

I've been looking at that tank as a possible option, but it is ugly.  The orange version looks a little better IMO.

The Rally Raid tank setup is cleaner looking, but not sure it is worth double that of the Safari.  Also it looks like the Safari tank would be much easier to switch back and forth from stock configuration so you only have the big tank when you need it.

Definitely function over form. Uuuuuuugly for sure! I think you're right on the ability to return to stock fairly easy. It would be nice to have that range on certain rides, but would suck when you want hit real trails.

I have one of these sitting on the shelf in my garage as I wanted something to extend range and didn't want to use a bladder, rotopax, or several liter bottles. It's expensive and it ain't pretty, but it's a lot less than the Rally tanks and it holds more fuel and doesn't force me to switch to a pod filter like the Rade solution does. (Nothing against pod filters, but I run stream crossings upon occasion that would put a pod filter under water.

I'll get it mounted up at some point. Certainly before the next time I head towards the western US. My thought is that once mounted I'll leave it empty or near empty most of the time unless I need the extra range. 

• Like 2

On 10/2/2017 at 9:08 PM, Windblown said:

I have one of these sitting on the shelf in my garage as I wanted something to extend range and didn't want to use a bladder, rotopax, or several liter bottles. It's expensive and it ain't pretty, but it's a lot less than the Rally tanks and it holds more fuel and doesn't force me to switch to a pod filter like the Rade solution does. (Nothing against pod filters, but I run stream crossings upon occasion that would put a pod filter under water.

I'll get it mounted up at some point. Certainly before the next time I head towards the western US. My thought is that once mounted I'll leave it empty or near empty most of the time unless I need the extra range. 

Post up some pix when you have it all installed. :thumbsup:

• Like 1