Trade.. 03 cr250r for my 09 crf450r

Got a guy wanting to trade me an 03 cr250r with 10 hrs on it for my 09 crf450r with 3 hrs on new top end. His bike looks really clean and so is mine lol I would like to go back to a 2 stroke but at the same time I don't want to give up my 4 stroke any suggestions? 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I wouldn't.  03 cr not that fast. But if you're a Honda guy there's no telling you that lol

Edited by Motox367
  • Like 1

That might be the ugliest CR, er, bike I've ever seen.

But yes, as a 2 stroke guy, I'd trade for that...provided I had the cash to put different plastic and seat on it.

• Like 2

Thanks guys! my section is made I'm gonna keep my 09 lol 

• Like 1

How much does an 09 crf 450 sell for?How much does a cr 250 2003 go for? Honestly Id rather have the 250 but yea that seat and graphics would go...later Id put a big bore top end on the 250 anyway...or go get a good estart 2 stroke 300 and make a trade there. A friend has a  2003 cr 270 2t. That bike is good.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

9 hours ago, ScrewMx_Hd said:

CR might not be the fastest 250 but great handling bike

A cr is very fast.. I don't get where guys think it's not..  These days the info to mod a cr is readily available to make it how one wants it too.. Just go to the 2 stroke honda threads.. There are a bunch of great guys that have 2 stroke hondas and know setups. I hung out there when I had my 01 cr 250. That group there is one of the better groups in TT.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

2 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

A cr is very fast.. I don't get where guys think it's not..  These days the info to mod a cr is readily available to make it how one wants it too.. Just go to the 2 stroke honda threads.. There are a bunch of great guys that have 2 stroke hondas and know setups. I hung out there when I had my 01 cr 250. That group there is one of the better groups in TT.

The 01 is fast tho. Not that the 03 isn't fast cause all 250 twostrokes are . It's electric for say. Personally I picked up a 02 one time cheap went threw it rode once sold it. Was fresh too . But the way the power hits be great for woods . Just wasn't arm ripping explosive 

i have an 06 CR125 mostly stock and for me it is fast enough at the level i race at. i know the Gen 2 CR motors were a lot better than the Gen 3

i have an 06 CR125 mostly stock and for me it is fast enough at the level i race at. i know the Gen 2 CR motors were a lot better than the Gen 3

Don't fool yourself with this internet rhetoric you've read.
  • Like 1

I rode a 2001 cr500 it's the scariest bike I've riden. A 250 2t is scary fast too( I was 13 5'2) when I rode these. On a 1 mile straight away asphault . Never mind that. Cr250's are defiantly fast bikes and from what I've heard a 01 is the best? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, michaelchristie207 said:

I rode a 2001 cr500 it's the scariest bike I've riden. A 250 2t is scary fast too( I was 13 5'2) when I rode these. On a 1 mile straight away asphault . Never mind that. Cr250's are defiantly fast bikes and from what I've heard a 01 is the best? 

I have a 96' cr250 it's definitely fast.  I think the 96 and 01 are the best imo.  Raced a 96 cr500 back when I was 17 ya flapped of the back of that thing lol i just wasn't impressed with the 02- but nothing is as fast as modern 450s :ride:

Edited by Motox367