2016 ktm 500 exc six days remap

Remapping to euro or even XCW has anyone  found a work around? Not only could my local shop not do it i pretty much got a blank stare when asking......... my confidence levels are not very high for their capabilities.....i thought I had a fix with blias racing, but that only was good for unlocked ECUs, not my scenario. Can I buy an unlocked ECU have it remapped or an XCW and just plug it in? is the jd fuel injector tuner a comparable alternative?  already  desmogged, changed gearing, and adjusted TPS but I want more snap...

Your ecu is not locked. Keep asking, it can be done. It is helpful if you use your KTM for off-road only, and want to map for your new FMF pipe when you ask the dealer...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arthurbooth said:

Remapping to euro or even XCW has anyone  found a work around? Not only could my local shop not do it i pretty much got a blank stare when asking......... my confidence levels are not very high for their capabilities.....i thought I had a fix with blias racing, but that only was good for unlocked ECUs, not my scenario. Can I buy an unlocked ECU have it remapped or an XCW and just plug it in? is the jd fuel injector tuner a comparable alternative?  already  desmogged, changed gearing, and adjusted TPS but I want more snap...

All new ecu's come blank and unlocked, so yeah you can install any map going that route

Its only the oem epa (firmwared) ecu's that have the hurdles , and many dealers will not touch.

Call Munn Racing, linked also from KTMTALK, they will be able to ease your pain.

Chris had to cease and.....