gsxr pipe

Hi I am new to all this stuff..and I'm an old fart that has worked on bikes most of my life...I just got a 2006 dr 650 with 1000 miles on it, I want to do some mods like carb jet kit,airbox mod and a gsxr pipe muffler lash up...problem is I can't figure out what year gsxr muffler will work and were to get one that will fit any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Very tough to find one,there are other options,do a search,LOTS of info on this.

I personally went with a GSXR 35fo instead of the highly desirable 40fo, mostly because it was cheaper $50 compared to the impossible to find 40fo.  That said, you still need to remember that you will also have to buy a mid pipe for about $200 (plus shipping).  So really it's getting to the point where unless you want to have a GSXR pipe, I'd recommend buying Pro Cycles new muffler (or an FMF Q4). They will cost you about $150 more but you will have a better product in the end.

But if you really want a GSXR muffler, I'd sell my 35fo w/mid pipe for $225 plus shipping.  I did shorten the mid pipe by about 2", so it doesn't stick out as far as most other conversions.

DSC03560.JPG

ok thanks I will try and find one locally at the wrecking yard but If I have no luck I will email you see if you still have it... I plan on making my own mid pipe to save me some bucs...my buddy can tig weld like an artist

• Like 1