Sign in to follow this  

Beta 300RR Top End Rebuild Kit + Spring Upgrade

Just ordered the Top End Rebuild Kit from Beta Australia. Done 120hrs on this Piston & Rings. I am going to do the rebuild myself, does anyone know if there is a video or Instructions on how to do this so I don't muck it up? Or any advice?

Also looking at upgrading the rear and front springs does anyone know where the spring rate chart is? I read somewhere the stock rear is .52 and stock front is .42, is that correct?

Do I need to buy them from Beta can I just get Sachs springs from anywhere.

Final question, anyone using the JD jetting kit on a 300RR ? 

Thanks man. Alot of good videos there, found and watched one when he was doing a ktm 300 top end. Looks like I need to buy some tools, wish there was a tool kit just for this bike with everything you need in it.

Any ideas on where the spring rate guide is? 

JD Kits used by anyone?

How much do you weight fully kitted, I weigh 85 kg in shorts and 98 loaded, i run a k-tech 5.4 rear with 35mm static sag and i bought a pair of 4.6 but only swapped 1 out, about perfect for me

5 hours ago, Jabiru said:

Thanks man. Alot of good videos there, found and watched one when he was doing a ktm 300 top end. Looks like I need to buy some tools, wish there was a tool kit just for this bike with everything you need in it.

Any ideas on where the spring rate guide is? 

JD Kits used by anyone?

uB5n9f.jpg

• Like 1

Ill weigh myself just before next ride, I think i will be around the 90KG. OscarFox - Thanks for the chart.

The K-tech springs look like a good price, might look into getting that.

Got a few things I want to do with my 300 to make it better for me. 

JD kit on my 300rr (with S3 head).  Can't say enough about it.  Had some issues this weekend, but it seems it was the fault of the float height.  Adjusted it when brand new, but somehow it seemed to need another adjustment.  Can't figure out why it "changed" but it did a little, enough to cause problems.  

I played around with all the recommended needles, and nothing comes close to the JD jetting kit.  Should have done it from the start. 

Ah cool, nice feedback on the JD kit, looks like ill order one.

Wanna give me bike some love. Rebuild top end, JD kit. It has 5000km and minimal maintenance performed. I Always change air filter and gear box oil at small intervals.

A mate and I tried a few needle positions etc using stock needle, always had over run when de-accellerating. Runs great tho. Going up one needle position leaned it off a bit, gave me better fuel economy and no splooge. Think i will replace jets and Needle with JD kit.

Set all suspension to default as per the manual just to try to learn suspenson better. Front rebound still seems fast.. Still got a lot to learn, me ol mate has been teaching me.

Rear Sag - 100mm. Static Sag is 30mm so guess i can stick with stock spring. 

Still confused. If i increase (Clockwise turn) rebound for rear makes it harder on the rear? On the forks if I increase rebound also makes it harder? 

Harder = quicker rebound?