Rincoln to Cannel loop

Is it too early in the season to go up Rincon and cross over to come down Cannell?  The green line on the map below is the route I am thinking. I am headed up this weekend and trying to plan some routes.Rincon.thumb.jpg.a78be523569d3ba65b2692012364875c.jpg 

I know of a few guys that went up Rincon a few weeks ago and got turned around at the stream a mile or so before you cross the hwy. 

• Like 1

I don't think trail clearing has been done up there yet.  Last email update I saw from SOS said that sometime mid-June was their couple of trail work days.

Is it too early in the season to go up Rincon and cross over to come down Cannell?  The green line on the map below is the route I am thinking. I am headed up this weekend and trying to plan some routes.Rincon.thumb.jpg.a78be523569d3ba65b2692012364875c.jpg 

too early.
between all the downfall, fast flowing creek crossings, and possible snow up top on Cedar and Schaefer trails as well as Cannell Meadow most likely under water and the forest roads may still have snow drifts.

we were there one month ago.
we rode up Cannell and was stopped at the creek crossing before Cannell Meadow. at least 2 to 3 feet deep. we turned around.

the next day we rode up Lower Rincon and were stopped at Brush Creek near the horse corral about a mile from the road crossing to upper Rincon. we had to turn around.

we heard that upper Rincon has a lot of deadfall and wash outs. also, there's that creek/river crossing before it splits up Cedar that i would imagine is impassable at the moment.
Sherman Pass may be open around 4th of July and Stewards of the Sequoia postponed the trail maintenance days that are scheduled one week before Memorial Day Weekend to June 17/18 because of snow.