Adding oil without removing the Fork

My front left Fork started leaking and I'm not able to fix it before my next ride. It doesn't seem to empty in the time it takes me to ride for a few hours. I picked up a seal cleaner in the hopes that I have some grit in the seal so I tried that and now I need to fill my fork with oil. Can I do this on a stock kx500 2004? I just want to quickly add some oil so that I don't damage the piston. I'm doing very light trail riding and I never bought them the suspension out. From what I've heard the oil level only really effects the last part of the suspension so I don't mind it not being perfect. I just need to get something in it so there's no damage after the ride. I will change the seals later. Can I just unscrew one of the plugs on top and fill it with oil?

13 minutes ago, Eppidemic said:

My front left Fork started leaking and I'm not able to fix it before my next ride. It doesn't seem to empty in the time it takes me to ride for a few hours. I picked up a seal cleaner in the hopes that I have some grit in the seal so I tried that and now I need to fill my fork with oil. Can I do this on a stock kx500 2004? I just want to quickly add some oil so that I don't damage the piston. I'm doing very light trail riding and I never bought them the suspension out. From what I've heard the oil level only really effects the last part of the suspension so I don't mind it not being perfect. I just need to get something in it so there's no damage after the ride. I will change the seals later. Can I just unscrew one of the plugs on top and fill it with oil?

You might try the dirt bike specific forum. Other than that, most forks I am familiar with require measuring with the springs out. There is likely oil still in there and the amount not worse than you just "fill it with oil".

I think you need a shop manual.

:thumbsup:

If you fill it , it will hydro lock ,You have to add the specified amount