Harris park this weekend

I'll be camping Harris park this weekend. Anybody want to ride with me Friday or saturday? Or both. I'm a decent rider

hey tiger tanker I am very familiar with this area and that alltrails.com link takes one to a map that is incomplete and rather inaccurate. I know you didn't design it or nothing but I thought you might wanna know if your exploration is dependent on that map, otherwise awesome video and if ever in the area me and my buddies would love to tag along on a ride with

That link doesn't even show a map that I see. Do you have an accurate map I can take?

• Like 1

Hey tiger, do those mirrors on your hand guards work for DOT required mirrors? I road legalized my husky to stay out of trouble on fs roads and such

2 hours ago, brownballin said:

hey tiger tanker I am very familiar with this area and that alltrails.com link takes one to a map that is incomplete and rather inaccurate. I know you didn't design it or nothing but I thought you might wanna know if your exploration is dependent on that map, otherwise awesome video and if ever in the area me and my buddies would love to tag along on a ride with

It's actually a tracking map of my route.  

26 minutes ago, WFOWA said:

Hey tiger, do those mirrors on your hand guards work for DOT required mirrors? I road legalized my husky to stay out of trouble on fs roads and such

I am illegal in 51states. 

5 hours ago, brownballin said:

Ok, I can't figure out what you mean. That map can be dialed in to an accuracy of like 50 feet, converted to satellite imagery....? Doesn't ge4t any more accurate than that. Convert the map to satellite, scroll in.... pretty clear where the roads and trails are. Additionally, it's showing me where some super secret single track is that I'll get next time i'm there. 

What I mean is that the information as in names of roads and where they go is not complete nor accurate   It does not show complete roads trails ect. It shows good stuff but it is not accurate and is not complete but for someone using it as a ruff sketch of the area you certainly can't complain. I spent a good deal of time zooming in and out as I need a great reference in case I get seperated from some of my riding buddies that aren't that familiar with the area.  But some pretty significant things are not accurate. For example there are major county roads that are not listed nor accurately depicted. 

I harmed no major county roads where I was riding that day. And Jesus Built My Hot Rod....

• Like 1

On 6/1/2017 at 4:30 PM, WFOWA said:

Do you have an accurate map I can take?

I use the Avenza app on my smart phone. There is a free MVUM for the Walla Walla Ranger District of the Umatilla National Forest that has the trails out of Harris Park on it. It is not really detailed, but uses GPS locating and is very accurate in my experience to showing you right where you are at. I used it up there 2 years ago when I was in the area for work. Coincidentally, I am headed back again for more work. I should be in the area by next Thursday and could probably ride there next Saturday or Sunday if you're still in the area.