Front light dead, xexnon bulb ?

Hey guys, so my light died on me one day or, suddenly it was not working, cant see any damage in the bulb, but it's a xenon Bulb, so i hope im looking right at it, anyways, i was going to check for a new bulb but No luck.. Cant see to find this anywhere.. anyone got any tips for me to replace this with or can find this one for me ? i will attach a photo of it. been looking around cant find any similiar so far

18836096_10154809952956051_1786949389_o.jpg

18927182_10154809953961051_1319666740_o.jpg

I can tell by looking that it, that it is one of those conversion assemblies... unless someone hacked your wiring, you have a standard H4 plug attached to the other end

• Like 1

@RC_ichard I have the standar SM headlight, with 2 screws holding the plastic and 4 screws on the "bulb holder" 

• Like 1

I don't see why you are stuck on it being xenon? It's an H4. You can ged hid, xenon, halogen, led or whatever, in an h4

• Like 1

@74jimbo Oh i see.. well i thought first maybe i had to have the same bulb, but its connected to use this bulb in the front allready, you can see better with xenon in the night i guess

It's a standard h4. Unless someone hacked your wiring, it has a standard h4 plug. Xenon is a gas... and is really old technology. If it is even real xenon. A lot of lights marketed as xenon, really aren't. Major marketing gimmick.

I just picked up an LED H4 from amazon. Direct drop in. Not even one of those newer units with a fan and it's own wiring to the plug. The one I got was junk. It's whiter than stick, but has almost no light output. I might just toss a stock bulb back in.

Look's to me like a Xenon H4 conversion. I had one on my bike, but the ballast stopped working and I put back the original H4.

Xenon is nice and bright, but only if it puts the light where you need it and the kit I used did not! 

You may have a failed ballast, bulb or simply a fuse (Xenon kits usually includes a fuse). I think you can find replacement parts for everything on finn.no.

• Like 1

So i ordered a new bulb, looked more into what is on the bike, I found out that i have a Ballast converter under the seat with a Xenon, wire kit or something, Changed the bulb, and i got no light, took the seat of etc looked for the fuses and stuff, one fuse was blown, but not in the middle so was kinda hard to see acctually, and a wire that was half digged thru so im going to replace the wire "shoe" and connect it whole again. So now the lights work and its pretty nice. so my old bulb probaly still work aswell haha:p

Picked up one of these for $30. A lot better than stock, or the h4 led bulb I put in. images%20(1).jpg

• Like 1

You can get the xenon H4 bulb at the auto parts store...I got mine from advance auto...you have to buy 2 and they are fairly expensive but put out alot more light than the standard bulb...

• Like 1

@Roadmandrz I did buy these in a set off 2, just on the nett, here where i live in norway it isnt a auto part store that did have those close by, so internett for the rescue :D   

21 hours ago, 74jimbo said:

Picked up one of these for $30. A lot better than stock, or the h4 led bulb I put in. images%20(1).jpg

I will try this if something goes wrong again for sure nice thanks

Hmmm, ive tried to use the "high beam" and the pass signal,  the "high beam" the bulb expands in and out fast and doesnt stay, i wonder why can it be wired wrong ? or are the balast getting bad.. ?  the pass signal doesnt even work now.. hmm  only normal light works