TE 250 2008 high idle ibeat adjust help needed!

Hi

I own a 4stroke TE 250 year 2008 EFI bike, it has high idle (about 3500-4000rpm), and the neutral light is on, sometimes flashing.

Bike is without lambda with 2.2K resistor, but stock exhaust, hard throttle stop removed.

I install ibeat v2, and can connect to bike via cheap vag-com cable.

What i did:

- i set full open throttle to WOT 100.5%, closed is now 0%

- idle air screw i adjust full closed position, then 2,5 back.

- i check and measurement valve clearence is all good.

- i check the fuel pump and fix it, now there is in original place.

- I set TPS setting read/set 0% is about 980mV full 100% is 43xx mV (i remember...)

- All my CO1 CO2 CO3 is 100%, and i dont change that

- Checked fail history, and cleared it was ,,tilt sensor" in history (i think because the wrong TPS before)

- I remove the 2.2K resistor, and the idle stand on normal about 1750-1800 rpm. I let about 5 min to run it was linear, but when i put out the choke nothing happen, except i hear like more air flowing in engine. With resistor and using choke the idle increase normally as by cold starting.

Bike is running well, starting good clod and warm, i dont have much experience (i ride with my bike 1 hour) but i think it is weak, i own before a Suzuki RM 125 it was much stronger.

I read many thopic about the problem, i think i shoud buy a lambda (I dont have the original lambda) and warm the engine, connect to ibeat and set the FB1 to 100, and all will fine.........

Any experience?

WBR

Bertold

Edited by Bertold Szombati

update 1:-)

I warm up the bike, but FB button still gray.

It was fail again ,,tilt sensor low value"

I disconnect the 2.2k resistor, then idle normalized by 1800-2000 rpm. When resistor disconnected new fail seeing "O2 sensor circuit open" or so.

FB setting is on, but can't adjust anything.

I ordered the lambda........ lets see

wbr

Bertold

ibeat_3.jpg

update 2

I check under the seat the tilt sensor plug, it was a little oil in (air filter oil), i cleaned.

I measure the resistors.

Wire Black to orange 4k4

Wire Blackgrey to orange 3k9

Wire Black to Blackgrey 0,47k

Are they good value?

Lambda sensor will not help and will put it back into stock mode but I think you need it for IBeat. Without the lambda and resistor in, places it in "Race" mode which will be the strongest setting.  2008 had very little tuning via IBeat and only the first number adjusting point can be changed (going by memory). The best thing to get for your bike is the 2009 off road ECU (TXC250) and the arrow exhaust. The exhaust is much better at flow and the ECU changes the timing, better fuel delivery and added tuning adjustments via IBeat. Your bike will be much more powerful and run way better. In the mean time disconnect the temp sensor and see if anything changes. These sensors are known to fail and cause running issues. Also make sure your battery is at least at 11.2v with good tight connectors. Lastly check you intake boot, mid pipe will melt this and cause high idle issues as well as ingest dirt.

Another common issue is the fuel pump. Need to check PSI in both complete inline system and just pump. Complete inline system should be 50-55psi and just pump at 80psi+, will rise quickly so be ready to cut power.

Edited by weantright

Hi

thx for your reply!

when i disconnect the fan plug from temp sensor the fan starting in short time.

First of all i like to normalize the idle, 3500 rpm is not normal. i checked the intake boot, i saw nothing cracked.

I fixed the fuel pump, but i dont know at how psi work. At full throttle i feel nothing fuel issue, the bike run well.

I am waiting for the lambda, then i hope i can the idle nomalize by 1800 - 2100 rpm.

After then i will disconnect the lambda, plug the resistor, and see what happening.

I rely on i get more power and good idle.  

wbr

Bertold

The temp sensor goes into the main wire harness then to the ECU not the fan. It is on the back side cylinder near the intake. Need to unplug sensor. Bad pump will not make the idle run high but will reduce power and make the bike run lean. You fixed the pump by ty wrapping around the hoses???

Edited by weantright

Hi

Yes i fixed the pump so.

I disconnect the plug, i dont recognize changes, btw the fan is brand new from spal.

I made some photos about the ecu, i surprised...............

I think its a 2009 modell :-) i checked on ibeat in the vin number is a 9.

On the frame an 8.

I think its a 2008 bike with a 2009 ecu.

Next thusday i get the lambda.

ecu_te250_1.jpg

ecu_te250_2.jpg

Edited by Bertold Szombati

Hi

Still without lambda :-)

I let the wot at 100.5%, closed is 0%

Idle screw 2,5x out.

I played with ibeat, i set co1=90, co2=92, co3=95, bike is running now at 1900rpm, the exhaust gas is much colder.

then

I set to co1=108, co2=105, co3=102, bike stalling, and gray exhaust gas came out. The idle was about 1200rpm, i dont now because bike stops quickly.

i will ride a while next day, with the first lean co1=90...... settings.

wbr

Bertold

Hi

I ride an hour with my bike.

Still without lambda, stock exhaust, wot=105%, air adjust screw 2,5x out, co1=90, co2=92, co3=95.

Power is much much better, idle is fine about 1850rpm, no stalling, no stops.

By high rpm, i feel its no fuel, like regulate.

I will set co2=93, and co3=97 let see.

wbr

Bertold