Shane Watts Dirt Wise school in Bethlehem PA

Riders- just an FYI-  Shane Watts will be doing his Dirt Wise Academy in Bethlehem PA this year (among many other places in NA).  For you Eastern PA guys- this is awesome that he will be so close. For those not familiar with this training-  the Shane Watts dirt bike schools are considered to be among the best, if not the best, Enduro/Hare Scramble trainings in North America.  I am not affiliated in anyway, just have heard/read many good things about these guys and Im excited to see it come so close this year.  July 8-9th at Bushkill MC in Bethlehem PA.  

http://shanewatts.com

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MountAiryTrailRiders said:

I would KILL to go to this....

I have been waited for Wattsy to have a training closer to me for years now- this one is about 1.5 hour away- I put my deposit down on a spot the day it opened up online!!  They still had 8 spots open yesterday which surprises me- I figure people just don't know about it .  

• Like 1

I've got to say I did this two years ago and you'd need to pay me to go back.  Watts had 24 students and he was the only instructor. Don't expect a lot of individual attention.   To me the course was MX related, lots of times on berms, holeshots, powerslides etc. not very relevant to eastern woods riding. 

He's geared to racers too. So the top 15% of the class in ability gets 50% of his time and attention which is already spread too thin as he takes way too any students. 

I wish I could say something better, but I can't. 

15 hours ago, Adam N. said:

I've got to say I did this two years ago and you'd need to pay me to go back.  Watts had 24 students and he was the only instructor. Don't expect a lot of individual attention.   To me the course was MX related, lots of times on berms, holeshots, powerslides etc. not very relevant to eastern woods riding. 

He's geared to racers too. So the top 15% of the class in ability gets 50% of his time and attention which is already spread too thin as he takes way too any students. 

I wish I could say something better, but I can't. 

I certainly respect your opinion . I have not done the class yet, so I can't say one way or another whether I will feel the same way. I would say that the vast majority , like 99%- of people I have spoken with, including some good friends  have had a much different experience than you did.   Hopefully your experience was an "off day" or maybe some extra help did any make the trip etc.   If I have a bad time too, I won't hesitate to say it. 

JC.   

Well, it's pretty hard to have a bad time riding dirt bikes.  I sincerely hope you get a lot out of it and have a great time.

I've been really searching for something that splits the diff between Dirtwise and courses that are geared towards GS type rigs.  Offerings are thin on the ground. 

My kid just took his class with Jason Tomas instructing.  I took it with Shane years ago, and both times it was worth the time and money.  Most of the class is balance, bike control and cornering.  It is a workout, and you will be tired.  There were some older gentlemen on big dual sports there that were not having a good time trying to negotiate the obstacles.  Yes, it is geared toward racers, and can be crowded.  One on one lessons with a pro will cost you a whole lot more.