DIY Baffle?

These SSR150s are friggin loud from factory, they just have a silencer packing wrapped around a straight pipe. From what I've seen most Hondas have a baffle which is also the Exhaust tip. Although they sound great, when we're in the woods, balls to the wall, the sound echos like crazy.

So, I wanted to see if anyone has made they're own baffle, or bought a cheap one off eBay or something.? I was thinking to get a pipe, crush the end of the pipe, drill some holes in it and hold it in with 1-3 little tac welds.

18 minutes ago, Dannyn01 said:

These SSR150s are friggin loud from factory, they just have a silencer packing wrapped around a straight pipe. From what I've seen most Hondas have a baffle which is also the Exhaust tip. Although they sound great, when we're in the woods, balls to the wall, the sound echos like crazy.

So, I wanted to see if anyone has made they're own baffle, or bought a cheap one off eBay or something.? I was thinking to get a pipe, crush the end of the pipe, drill some holes in it and hold it in with 1-3 little tac welds.

Google quiet core inserts, if you have any fab skills you should be able to whip up something similar for super cheap 

• Like 1