Kailub Russell quits enduro series

Yep, too much of anything gets old. I remember many many years ago a semi famous So Cal mx'r was interviewed in Dirt Bike/MXA. One of the questions was why did he stop racing. His answer was "you only get that starting line fever so many times".

Edited by YHGEORGE

So he is quitting the AMA enduro to prepare for the isdENDURO? I think he should talk to Malcom to see how not Racing helps you prepare. I understand that is is still racing GNCC but the enduro format would be good to stay fresh on I would think.

I think he was rattled by a poor showing in the last GNCC. Spreading himself too thin, something has to give. I'm guessing he is putting more weight on the GNCC championship than anything else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woods-rider said:

So he is quitting the AMA enduro to prepare for the isdENDURO? I think he should talk to Malcom to see how not Racing helps you prepare. I understand that is is still racing GNCC but the enduro format would be good to stay fresh on I would think.

I understand your point but making that Malcolm comparison is a real real low blow! Real Real Real!!!

• Like 5

3 GNCC's and 3 National Enduros before they have to leave for ISDE. 6 races in a 12 week span essentially. Then there is the travel to and from the races which is totally different than Pro Moto/SX as these guys and families drive their toy haulers or motorhomes to the races. So they don't just catch a car to the airport and fly home to their practice bike and practice mechanics. Add in he normally will race a 250 at the Enduros and a 350 at most GNCC's. That throws in testing another bike to send to France. Not a lot of time when you break it all down. 

On a sad note, Dale Cooke, who was the driver of the KTM rig for GNCC and National Enduros, passed away yesterday after getting hit by a car while riding his bicycle in Wilkesboro, NC the other day. He was also Chris Bach's mechanic a few years ago. 

Edited by StretchASU
  • Like 3

On a sad note, Dale Cooke, who was the driver of the KTM rig for GNCC and National Enduros, passed away yesterday after getting hit by a car while riding his bicycle in Wilkesboro, NC the other day. He was also Chris Bach's mechanic a few years ago. 

Wow that is really sad to hear.

[emoji1317] to his family.
  • Like 4

When my road bicycle was stolen, I bought a mtn bike as a replacement.  Up at Lake Tahoe, the roads are narrow and if you get passed by a motorhome, you're going to get hit or ride onto the shoulder, which is full of sand from sanding the road in winter.

Edited by Kev_XR

On 6/1/2017 at 3:35 PM, woods-rider said:

Only down side is ISDE courses are much more like GNCC than National Enduro. 

• Like 1

Only down side is ISDE courses are much more like GNCC than National Enduro. 

True Im just disappointed he won't be in the mix because I want it to be exciting as possible and come down to the wire at the last round since my home club is hosting it.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, endurottr said:

True Im just disappointed he won't be in the mix because I want it to be exciting as possible and come down to the wire at the least round since my home club is hosting it.

I feel like it's STILL going to be an epic finish to the year between Stu, Grant, and Thad! If Bobbitt can put some good runs in the next few rounds he could also be in the mix.  We're only 4 rounds in to the 9 round series, anything can happen!

• Like 1