FMF powercore 4 louder???

Is there a way to make a fmf powercore 4 exhaust louder and to possibly increase performance without damaging the exhaust???  I have already removed the quiet insert but i still want the bike louder.  Where we ride it is pretty remote so I don't need to worry about noise.  thanks!!!

A couple reasons...

It doesn't hurt where we live to have a loud bike because its in a somewhat remote area, but when riding around other cars, it helps to have a loud bike especially where we live because drivers are wreckless, and the only way they will know your coming is by having a loud bike.  Also, its fun when riding with friends to have the loudest bike.:thumbsup:  But thanks though.

Edited by Fsxfisherman1

On 6/2/2017 at 4:58 PM, plugeye said:

more noise is not welcome anywhere

We live in the middle of Kenya and people don't really care here but I see what you are saying.

Hmmm, interesting question.  It's true that just about any place other than where your at, excessive noise is a bad thing. 

But if it doesn't matter try this.  I seem to remember that the FMF Powercore is nothing more than a perforated tube with glass packing inside to dampen the sound.  So, pull the muffler apart and remove all the packing, that'll make it as loud as you can get it without modifying the muffler.  After that you could just remove the muffler and try a straight pipe, that'll make your ear drums bleed.  Be sure to jet for that otherwise you will be running very lean.

14 hours ago, zig06 said:

Hmmm, interesting question.  It's true that just about any place other than where your at, excessive noise is a bad thing. 

But if it doesn't matter try this.  I seem to remember that the FMF Powercore is nothing more than a perforated tube with glass packing inside to dampen the sound.  So, pull the muffler apart and remove all the packing, that'll make it as loud as you can get it without modifying the muffler.  After that you could just remove the muffler and try a straight pipe, that'll make your ear drums bleed.  Be sure to jet for that otherwise you will be running very lean.

Ok I will try it.  Thanks a bunch for your help.

I have an old Big Gun exhaust that is incredibly loud. You can't have a conversation within 30 feet of the bike it's deafening. I even repacked it and it's still incredibly loud.

Personally I love it and totally get the loud bike love. It's like therapy for me to drown in that sound and feel all that air getting displaced. Sue me. :D At the same time I don't want to be obnoxious so I try to keep revs low in town, don't ride much at night, etc. If you're somewhere it's acceptable or just out in the middle of nowhere let it rip, I'm jealous :p

Anyway, my pipe is really simple inside - basically a straight pipe with a few baffles welded in. You could probably gut the FMF and/or remove the packing but I don't know the internals. You might mess up your pretty pipe. ;)

I'm guessing you'll need to rejet the carb afterward, and may not run any better.

if you do it, get some video for us :)

On 6/7/2017 at 6:25 AM, Tekime said:

I have an old Big Gun exhaust that is incredibly loud. You can't have a conversation within 30 feet of the bike it's deafening. I even repacked it and it's still incredibly loud.

Personally I love it and totally get the loud bike love. It's like therapy for me to drown in that sound and feel all that air getting displaced. Sue me. :D At the same time I don't want to be obnoxious so I try to keep revs low in town, don't ride much at night, etc. If you're somewhere it's acceptable or just out in the middle of nowhere let it rip, I'm jealous :p

Anyway, my pipe is really simple inside - basically a straight pipe with a few baffles welded in. You could probably gut the FMF and/or remove the packing but I don't know the internals. You might mess up your pretty pipe. ;)

I'm guessing you'll need to rejet the carb afterward, and may not run any better.

if you do it, get some video for us :)

haha thanks.  If I try it I will let you guys know.