Improve Throttle Response

Does anyone know how to improve throttle response?  Is it possible to make my throttle more "snappy," or not bog down when i hit the throttle?  Grateful for any help I can get.

16 minutes ago, Bryan Bosch said:

Year, make, and model of your bike? Any engine or intake mods? Difficult to answer without knowing about what you have and what you've already done to it.

It's a 1993 Suzuki dr250se. There is an fmf powercore 4 exhaust installed on it, but other than that it's pretty stock. I think the previous owner did the air box mod though. Also, my carburetor burns really rich too.  Thanks for the help!!!

Edited by Fsxfisherman1

10 hours ago, plugeye said:

put it back to stock & all your snap will come back

Ok thanks for the help.  I will try it and see if it works

Bigger jets in your carb. People always throw on an exhaust and mod the airbox without doing any jet work. Get a jet kit. Try pilot jet 2 sizes larger and a new main jet 1 size up. Also get an adjustable float needle if you don't have one that is adjustable.

• Like 1

I didn't know they made quicker twist throttles lol. I'm assuming it's just less of a twist than 1/4?

4 minutes ago, wolfelf said:

I didn't know they made quicker twist throttles lol. I'm assuming it's just less of a twist than 1/4?

yes, more like a 1/5 or less. i like them not so much for the response as for the comfort

4 minutes ago, plugeye said:

yes, more like a 1/5 or less. i like them not so much for the response as for the comfort

Right on. Thanks!