Matthes - 2018 Silly Season

I wonder what brand of brake Tomac is running.  Can't imagine why it would be any more vulnerable than anything else out there.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BLSJDS said:

Some Glen Helen insight, and then some 2018 rumors...

http://mxvice.com/67313/matthes-report-glen-helen-3

Barcia to Red Bull KTM?

Haven't read the article yet, and am not a Barcia hater (kind of like him, actually), but I see NO reason for Red Bull to pay him to ride their bike.  He has done exactly nothing in a number of years on two bikes already, and I don't see any reason that next year will be any different.

But, then again, I'm just sitting here behind a desk reading e-mails in between posting on Thumpertalk.  :cheers:

• Like 8

I thought the potential Barcia move was the most interesting, for reasons stated above.  

He went 13-10 at Glen Helen and had a top 3 start (IIRC) in one of those motos, so maybe he doesn't have the fitness that guys like Roczen, Dungey, Tomac, etc have?

I doubt another bike brand switch would make much difference in his results, but like jcm3, I'm just sitting at a desk posting on TT :cool:.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, BLSJDS said:

I thought the potential Barcia move was the most interesting, for reasons stated above.  

He went 13-10 at Glen Helen and had a top 3 start (IIRC) in one of those motos, so maybe he doesn't have the fitness that guys like Roczen, Dungey, Tomac, etc have?

I doubt another bike brand switch would make much difference in his results, but like jcm3, I'm just sitting at a desk posting on TT :cool:.

I'm sure if he gets on a KTM he is top 3 or more likely champion :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Justin Barcia to Red Bull KTM

He has talent but terribly inconsistent.  It would be interesting to see what DeCoster could do with him.

If Barcia joins Red Bull KTM does that mean he will be trained by Aldon?

Edited by gp199
  • Like 2

On 6/1/2017 at 6:30 PM, BLSJDS said:

I doubt another bike brand switch would make much difference in his results

Its pretty evident in this sport that the best training programs do elevate riders who commit to them. Not sure how much Barcia likes taking orders though 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Arctic Pride said:

Its pretty evident in this sport that the best training programs do elevate riders who commit to them. Not sure how much Barcia likes taking orders though 

It wouldn't work out.  Barcia has his own ideas about about what the best training program is.

• Like 10

Listening to the Matthew show yesterday and as stated a couple weeks ago, Chad Reed has no ride at the moment. Yamaha not believed to resign him, there was a possible deal with KTM which has no desolved and JGR is deciding to look elsewhere. I think its time for the 22 to call it a career.

Edited by Mongo134
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Mongo134 said:

Listening to the Matthew show yesterday and as stated a couple weeks ago, Chad Reed has no ride at the moment. Yamaha not believed to resign him, there was a possible deal with KTM which has no resolved and JGR is deciding to look elsewhere. I think its time for the 22 to call it a career.

He can still win.  He needs a steel frame.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2017 at 10:23 PM, yzernie said:

He has talent but terribly inconsistent.  It would be interesting to see what DeCoster could do with him.

Decoster most likely wont be managing next year. 

3 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

He can still win.  He needs a steel frame.

Then he should race that '04 YZ250 he is building up.  Race his last season on a 2-stroke, the bike he loves, on his dime (cheap to maintain) against the 4-strokes and go out like a champion.  Sure he'll get smoked, but he'd have every single person in the stands pulling for him, beat the Larocco record like he wants to, and go out like a rock star.  I don't even like the guy but I'd have to go to a few more sx races just to pull for him.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, GBowman said:

Decoster most likely wont be managing next year. 

I figured Dungey was probably Decoster's last prodigy. I don't think he wants to train another (especially someone like Barcia) and Marvin doesn't seem like he and Rodger are all that close.

6 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Then he should race that '04 YZ250 he is building up.  Race his last season on a 2-stroke, the bike he loves, on his dime (cheap to maintain) against the 4-strokes and go out like a champion.  Sure he'll get smoked, but he'd have every single person in the stands pulling for him, beat the Larocco record like he wants to, and go out like a rock star.  I don't even like the guy but I'd have to go to a few more sx races just to pull for him.

The AMA screwed two-stokes when they banned leaded fuel.  Not much he could do.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

The AMA screwed two-stokes when they banned leaded fuel.  Not much he could do.

91 unleaded pump gas.  Remember, it's not about winning.  Slow is fast.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BBA said:

I figured Dungey was probably Decoster's last prodigy. I don't think he wants to train another (especially someone like Barcia) and Marvin doesn't seem like he and Rodger are all that close.

There is some stuff going on behind the scenes that I'm not privy to say, but there was some turbulence over Dungey. There is talk that he is getting old and needs to move on. 

• Like 1