Cooper Webb/Factory Yamaha

So the rumor is out there that Cooper pulled out of moto 2 Glen Helen because he's not happy with the bike. A few years ago I was, assured that we would see several Yamariders out there kicking ass. Yet it looks like the only guy that was willing to ride it isn't happy...  

Yamaha better have their shit figured out for the next gen bike or they may as well do what they did a few years ago and just close up shop and tell everyone to go home, there's nothing good to see here.

• Like 5

Bike looks like it's riding him. They need to put stiff springs in it and soften the valving in the mid. Just put some super bumper forks like mine on there. He won't never bottom out. The rebound in the rear is too slow. They are scared to kill him by opening that up too much. Thats what it needs. Not triple clamps, not motor work. Just a guy that races with a screwdriver...

• Like 3

So the rumor is out there that Cooper pulled out of moto 2 Glen Helen because he's not happy with the bike. A few years ago I was, assured that we would see several Yamariders out there kicking ass. Yet it looks like the only guy that was willing to ride it isn't happy...  
Yamaha better have their shit figured out for the next gen bike or they may as well do what they did a few years ago and just close up shop and tell everyone to go home, there's nothing good to see here.

Couldn't wait to start your own thread, huh? This much fixation on hating a brand is indicative of deep seated mental issues. But hey, you guys will get Barcia! Lmao!
  • Like 10

1 minute ago, wes513v said:

Couldn't wait to start your own thread, huh? This much fixation on hating a brand is indicative of deep seated mental issues. But hey, you guys will get Barcia! Lmao!

Calling it like it is isn't hate.  Did you a few others not accuse me of hate back then and tell me how I'd be eating crow around this time because Yamaha would all those youngsters ridimg the 450 and they'd be dominating?  That's rhetorical Wes...  We all know you said that. 

And now, here we are, only one of those guys was willing to stick around which should tell us all we need to know.  BUT, to make matters worse even that guy isn't happy with the bike.  

So I gotta ask, you willing to admit yet that their is something wrong with the bike?  Or you still have your head in the sand?

Calling it like it is isn't hate.  Did you a few others not accuse me of hate back then and tell me how I'd be eating crow around this time because Yamaha would all those youngsters ridimg the 450 and they'd be dominating?  That's rhetorical Wes...  We all know you said that. 
And now, here we are, only one of those guys was willing to stick around which should tell us all we need to know.  BUT, to make matters worse even that guy isn't happy with the bike.  
So I gotta ask, you willing to admit yet that their is something wrong with the bike?  Or you still have your head in the sand?

All what youngsters? All they've ever had for the outdoors on 450's is Webb. So you have one rider and a rumor.
  • Like 1

I'd join the Yama-bash too, but did we finish our work at the Kawi-bash? Still a little more bashing to be done at the Red-bash too.

Suzuki seems to be staying out of the cross-hairs - for the moment.

Husky and KTM? Hate to say it, but they are consistent and fast bikes - for the moment.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Monk said:

Just another crybaby... Him and Barcia should start a team... 

Hate to agree with you, as I like both Webb and Barcia (I really don't dislike any of the riders), but if  it's true then it's chickenshit unless there was a safety issue.  If you signed a contact, the odds are that you had a chance to ride the bike and make that call that you wanted to join one team over another.  If you don't like the bike then either don't sign the contract or sign it and do your best until your contract is up.  Don't wuss out.

If I was the manager of another team, that would be one of the considerations I looked at if I was interested in him.  What if he doesn't like their bike after a few rounds?

• Like 5

Just now, wes513v said:

All what youngsters? All they've ever had for the outdoors on 450's is Webb. So you have one rider and a rumor.

I specifically remember you saying Webb and JMart a bunch of times, AND before you get ahead of yourself i predicted they both wouldn't stay, you said they would. 

I may go back and find some quotes if I have time later... 

36 minutes ago, Monk said:

Just another crybaby... Him and Barcia should start a team... 

I knew the yamapoligists would say that.  I guess everyone that rides that bike is a crybaby...  Why is that?  ?

If this rumor - as stated - is true, then Webb is missing something. Somebody needs to help young Cooper understand that the team must quickly step beyond the complaints, the discouragement, and any premadonna tantrum an emotional young man must go through, and go to work developing the bike.

If the bike is shit today, then today we are test riding. Got it? This too is part of being on this team.

I wish I really knew, but I bet being able to keep the team focused in this way is part of DeCoster's brilliance.

Edited by Hendricus
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I knew the yamapoligists would say that.  I guess everyone that rides that bike is a crybaby...  Why is that?  ?

Barcia is on a Suzuki, he ain't magically faster... And neither would Webb. They expect they should be front runners but they aren't, so it's much easier to blame the bike... Same deal with JS7, blames the bike and gets on a Suzuki, nothing changed... 

• Like 11

Glen Helen seems like a track that would flat wear you out if you are (a) not in shape, or (b) fighting the bike. 

I know this is off topic, but Anderson did look good at Glen Helen. Great flow with his bike.

• Like 3

Copper might have quit because of a personal emotional meltdown, and not because he hates the bike.

Edited by Hendricus
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Towel.Nutkis.Lipshiz said:

If they raced generators the Yami would kick their ass in db levels, fuel consumption & output.

Except for Honda, yamaha builds the second best genset

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Except for Honda, yamaha builds the second best genset

I would have agreed a week ago, but after all the research, reading the yamaha beats it out, narrowly.  Doesn't matter, I spent half on a Champion & it's just a lil less quieter.  Very hard to justify spending double on the blue or red.

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, Towel.Nutkis.Lipshiz said:

I would have agreed a week ago, but after all the research, reading the yamaha beats it out, narrowly.  Doesn't matter, I spent half on a Champion & it's just a lil less quieter.  Very hard to justify spending double on the blue or red.

How much money did you save on that haircut?

• Like 1

I know this is off topic, but Anderson did look good at Glen Helen. Great flow with his bike.

Stay on topic please. We are not talking about homosexuals in this thread
  • Like 7