First hare scramble tips

Got tired of copying and pasting all these threads...let me know if you need more. This topic has been covered in great lengths multiple times.

• Like 2

I'd start by saying-just show some love to your fellow riders at the HATE scramble event... You misspelled a word in your title and I could not help myself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Force10 said:

Got tired of copying and pasting all these threads...let me know if you need more. This topic has been covered in great lengths multiple times.

Incoming Sticky - Faq?

Stay up all night drinking heavily. Do not hydrate yourself, or eat anything nutritious. Make sure your bike is in total disrepair and let the air out of both your tires . Once the race starts find the most difficult section on the course, crash your bike there and just walk away.

Seriously just go in with the mindset of finishing.  Don't ride above your head, keep both wheels on the ground and be safe. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, GreenMT_Rider said:

Stay up all night drinking heavily. Do not hydrate yourself, or eat anything nutritious. Make sure your bike is in total disrepair and let the air out of both your tires . Once the race starts find the most difficult section on the course, crash your bike there and just walk away.

Seriously just go in with the mindset of finishing.  Don't ride above your head, keep both wheels on the ground and be safe. 

Also be completely out of shape.

• Like 3

If you have never raced before and/or you are planning to ride C class, find a race that runs C separate of A/B classes. Locally our series runs C/Masters/Women's in the morning and A/B in afternoon. This makes the C race less intimidating and you're not constantly worried about pulling over. 

21 hours ago, Casing-daily said:

Where can I join this hate scramble you speak of?

21 hours ago, Kawabuggy said:

I'd start by saying-just show some love to your fellow riders at the HATE scramble event... You misspelled a word in your title and I could not help myself.

The keys are like right next to each other :rolleyes:

I've said it before always being toilet paper the portapotty will likely be out and you will have to walk out wearing no socks.

• Like 2

go to a race and don't race, observe and introduce yourself to some riders in the pit area, most are friendly and would always be willingly to help a rider who would like to race.

• Like 2