Air box wash cover won't fit

I bought a KTM wash cover for my 17 300 xc and can't get it to fit. I put the pin in the back hole and the front is still 1/4" away from lining up when I am pushing down quite hard. Anyone else have this problem or am I doing something wrong? IMG_3981.JPGIMG_3980.JPG

Personally I feel these things are junk. Not surprised it doesn't fit. I would be hesitant using one in fear of getting h20 in the carb. I place a "slightly" damp paper towel in the opening, folded in a square shape. This will catch any accidental debris from entering the boot. Just my .02

I used them (twin air) on my crf250r and my 250fx and they have always worked great for me. Maybe its just the KTM one, might be better off with a Twin Air wash cover.

I have the exact same problem and mentioned it to my dealer yesterday. He said to bring it back because he said there is an updated one and he wonders if that's why. I was pissed and was afraid I was gonna break the front strap and quit 

I have the exact same problem and mentioned it to my dealer yesterday. He said to bring it back because he said there is an updated one and he wonders if that's why. I was pissed and was afraid I was gonna break the front strap and quit 

Yeah there is no way this one is latching without breaking the strap.

Same here, I figured being from KTM it would fit! It is good quality but how can you mess the fit up that bad.