Hi im looking at buying a bike ... I have never had or owned a bike... and after reading alot i see that a dual sport seems to be the way to go... i have looked at all kinds and come to these bikes

Yamaha wr250r

Drz400sm

Dr650

I am about 6 foot 240lbs and drive about 19 miles a day to work and back.. no interstate.. i would just like your thoughts thanks

Hi im looking at buying a bike ... I have never had or owned a bike... and after reading alot i see that a dual sport seems to be the way to go... i have looked at all kinds and come to these bikes

Yamaha wr250r

Drz400sm

Dr650

I am about 6 foot 240lbs and drive about 19 miles a day to work and back.. no interstate.. i would just like your thoughts thanks

You posted this in the quad forums, so you won't get much advice. Of the bikes you listed, get the DRZ400

Ware should i post and i was leaning drz.. what other options should inconsider

I think the 250 will be a slow considering your weight. A 650 would be ok, although they have loads of low end power which is good for street riding. I have never looked at a 400 so i wont say anything about it. Honda makes a 650 dual sport you might want to check out.

I would be on the street like 80% of the time the dr650 wet weight is 365 to the honda xr650 wet weight at 350... soo if i could find a honda at the same price i would like it

The WR250R is a great little bike, but at your weight, you would be wringing the life out of that little 250 engine and doing rebuilds far too often. It is a fast but high strung engine with little life between rebuilds, as is the case with most racing engines.

The DR650 is a dated but reliable bike, but no where near as much fun as the DRZ400SM. A buddy of mine has one and it will beat sport bikes on a twisty road, it handles that good.

I love the drz.... but i have a question.... this will be my one and only bike for along time... and from what i understand the drz isnt great on the interstate..... and rite now i have no intention of adventure touring... but possibly after a few years of riding i might.... not to mention my wife might wanna ride 2 up with me one day...i know there are bikes made just for that but i dont like how they sit. can the drz motor be modded to do all of that... or would the dr be the best jack of all trades?? The dr650 seems to be pretty popular and a used one in georgia with a few thousand miles can be found dirt cheap...

I like wr450f as well from what i have it requires alot more maintanace.. plus i would have to convert it to a street bike but might be an option.. i have till the end of the year b4 i buy

Yes it may be what i get the red is really ugly haha but i could get over that!