Sign in to follow this  

Coolant

No, the only thing I put in my cooling systems is 50-50 mix green stuff . Here in CA water with redline wetter will boil over really fast.

I usually run straight distilled water and Preston anti-corrosion additive (which is just water soluble oil) that they used to call water pump lubricant. Ive been doing this since about 1982...so, testing seems to be relatively complete.

only problem I see with this thread is location lol. The OP is from ohio, rest of yall are from California or florida. Im in ohio and have nothing against running water other than you have to remember to get it out plenty early enough. an early cold spell in November could leave ya in bad shape if ya forget your bike has water in it

On 6/9/2017 at 3:36 AM, MX450R said:

only problem I see with this thread is location lol. The OP is from ohio, rest of yall are from California or florida. Im in ohio and have nothing against running water other than you have to remember to get it out plenty early enough. an early cold spell in November could leave ya in bad shape if ya forget your bike has water in it

If the bike is going to sit for months and months, you really should drain the coolant and fuel anyway, right after an oil change. Just sayin...

• Like 1