Better Shock O-Rings

I am rebuilding my rear shock (Showa 44mm) for my XR400R and I was wondering if there are better O-Rings out their to go under the piston Seal Head. After 5 or 6 Harescrambles my shocks are done, Just wondering if I can get a little more life out of them. The O-Ring turns square by this time.

10 hours ago, Firestone said:

I am rebuilding my rear shock (Showa 44mm) for my XR400R and I was wondering if there are better O-Rings out their to go under the piston Seal Head. After 5 or 6 Harescrambles my shocks are done, Just wondering if I can get a little more life out of them. The O-Ring turns square by this time.

First time I have heard of that, using OEM? My shock issue is the rebound adjuster becoming stuck and refusing to move. Only bike among many that has done that. I would call FC, I'd bet they do more Showa stuff than anyone. Good luck.

O rings for the piston, or seal heads, witch ones, if ur seal head goes flat ur not using enough presure in ur shock and seal head is moving, and nitril 70 is fine for shock o ring seals. For seal head and piston band energiser o rings

Energiser o ring under piston band, they can't of replaced the seal head o ring, I'm sure if u replace it now and put shock together u be fine