94 yz250 oil

I need to know what oil to use in the tranny and also what mix to use. Im veryyy new to 2 jokers, anything helps. Recommendations greatly appreciated.

i in the tranny use motul transoil expert. sits for years still Works perfect. and mix i would go 1:25 or 1:32. if you want to spend the money with motul kart grand prix. dont go the 1:60 or even less. piston and bearing etc. with this oil and mix 1:32 or more will last a long time. we refresh the big end when we hear it knocking thats how long!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shrubitup said:

Automatic transmission fluid or 10w40 automotive motor oil, 750ml for transmission oil, 32:1 two stroke motor oil in the gas for motor oil. Don't obsess over the brand.

yep...

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:41 AM, shrubitup said:

Automatic transmission fluid or 10w40 automotive motor oil, 750ml for transmission oil, 32:1 two stroke motor oil in the gas for motor oil. Don't obsess over the brand.

This is all you need.

Got any laboratory reports from Blackstone Laboratories proving that oils used other than what you mentioned directly caused failure of a motor?

from experience if we use castrol power 1 or motorex in our kart it will seize. wont do with 800/kart grand prix

from experience if we use castrol power 1 or motorex in our kart it will seize. wont do with 800/kart grand prix

There aren't that many people who ride their two stroke motocross bikes on the verge of high RPM all the time like go kart racing.

Thanks for sharing your experience however. Obviously you found an oil that works well given the extreme application of yours.

belray 80 wt gear saver transmission, amsoil saber 40:1 gas. Yamalube 35:1. I have tried those so far and like them.

Edited by davevinc1080

I run universal automatic transmission fluid. it works perfectly fine considering an automatic transmission uses clutches inorder to shift and lock tc as well as it has multiple planetary gears so it has a good shear strength, running it on my two smokes for 5 years never a problem, if anything i find it shifts better than the pro honda trans oil. and for premix, golden spectro semi synthetic at 32:1. You can always jet your bike to "run a ratio" but 32:1 works fine for most

• Like 1