NEED HELP WITH VAVLE ADJUSTMENT 2007 Yz250F

I'm new to adjusting valves and do not want to mess anything up. I have already checked my clearances the exhaust valves were good and the intake were not. I checked the shims with a micrometer and wrote everything down on the piece of paper below. What I need help with now is doing the math to figure out what shim size I need to put back in the bike. Thanks for the help.

IMG_3557.JPG

Ok so i rechecked made sure the bike is at TDC and got numbers that actually made sense haha. the left intake is 0.9mm. I couldn't get any of my feeler gauges to fit under the middle valve so i listed it at 0mm and the right intake is .05mm. I don't have to do anything to the exhaust ones right because they are in spec. But now with these new numbers what size shims do I need

For starters, you have install a shim on the valve that has zero clearance so you will have measurable clearance with which you can use to calculate the correct shim. However... be aware, once valves start to go, the process speeds up and you are delaying the inevitable (getting the head redone).

Being your numbers have varied, I'd suggest rechecking again. Ensure the cam lobe is pointing away from the bucket, TDC marks can be ignored for the purposes of a valve check.

• Like 1