Looking for a private track in the Indianapolis area...

Looking for a place to ride and practice occasionally during the week. I don't know anyone in the area and seems like not too many guys ride around here. I retired from the army and have nothing but time.

Not private but Haspin Acres has moto tracks for anyone to practice on

I was just there on Tuesday, hard pack and zero maintenance. Had more fun on the trails and I don't ride woods or trails. Looks like I'm about to make the transition from MX to trails. Thanks for the response.

Yeah Haspin is not my first choice of places to ride. The badlands is a lot of sand and gravel also not one of my favorites. 

I'm a woods rider so I have other options but none are too close except for my private spot where we have about a six mile loop that is very tight woods ST.

Yeah Haspin is not my first choice of places to ride. The badlands is a lot of sand and gravel also not one of my favorites. 
I'm a woods rider so I have other options but none are too close except for my private spot where we have about a six mile loop that is very tight woods ST.

I hit the bad lands this Sunday, not to bad. The track sucked but I actually had fun on the trails and in the sand. Climb some bills that guys on atv's were amazed that I got up. Over all it was fun. Do you know of any other places to ride trails and woods. Thanks.

2 hours ago, 2smoke2 said:

I hit the bad lands this Sunday, not to bad. The track sucked but I actually had fun on the trails and in the sand. Climb some bills that guys on atv's were amazed that I got up. Over all it was fun. Do you know of any other places to ride trails and woods. Thanks.

None that are close. Michigan has a lot of trails that are great and are mostly single track if you pick the right ones in Ohio there is the Wayne National Forest and Perry State park and in Indiana There is Redbird and Interlake those two in Indiana are not bad for trail riding. You can look them up on Rider planet,then there is Hatfield McCoy trails in West Va and lots of ATV parks in Ky There is also a Redbird in Ky that is pretty good riding as well,thats Nat forest.

Leisure time mx is a sand track in medaryville that is open through the week. It's not prepped everyday, but it's sand. Probably your best bet for moto through the week.

Lincoln trail motosports has thursday afternoon prepped pactices sometimes in Casey IL

Leisure time mx is a sand track in medaryville that is open through the week. It's not prepped everyday, but it's sand. Probably your best bet for moto through the week.
Lincoln trail motosports has thursday afternoon prepped pactices sometimes in Casey IL

Looked them up, looks like a good place to go...thanks for the info. Need to find some guys to ride with. It sucks being new to an area. If anyone wants to go down south Carolina or Georgia, I have good connections down there. Thanks again.

None that are close. Michigan has a lot of trails that are great and are mostly single track if you pick the right ones in Ohio there is the Wayne National Forest and Perry State park and in Indiana There is Redbird and Interlake those two in Indiana are not bad for trail riding. You can look them up on Rider planet,then there is Hatfield McCoy trails in West Va and lots of ATV parks in Ky There is also a Redbird in Ky that is pretty good riding as well,thats Nat forest.

Thanks, I will have to check them out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2017 at 4:46 PM, 2smoke2 said:

Looking for a place to ride and practice occasionally during the week. I don't know anyone in the area and seems like not too many guys ride around here. I retired from the army and have nothing but time.

Are you a good rider? If so, you are welcome to come out and ride at my place sometime. I have 25+ miles of very challenging single track.

FYI...No casual rides go on here, at the pace we run, if you aren't very experienced or in good shape, it'll be more like work than fun.

Are you a good rider? If so, you are welcome to come out and ride at my place sometime. I have 25+ miles of very challenging single track.
FYI...No casual rides go on here, at the pace we run, if you aren't very experienced or in good shape, it'll be more like work than fun.

I have been riding since I was 9...so about 36 years. I have only raced Motocross and Arena Cross. I have done plenty of trails and my favorite thing is Hill and gully climbs. I have never done much single track. I'm in great shape and love to ride. Been thinking about switching to woods any how.

On 6/20/2017 at 8:36 AM, 2smoke2 said:

I have been riding since I was 9...so about 36 years. I have only raced Motocross and Arena Cross. I have done plenty of trails and my favorite thing is Hill and gully climbs. I have never done much single track. I'm in great shape and love to ride. Been thinking about switching to woods any how.

Not much single track experience. Well, my trail system has over 200 log crossings, this should be interesting. :D

PM sent