Ktm 250sx Gear oil

I have some belray thumper gear saver 80w85 laying around. I assume this would work fine in the sx. What exactly is the difference between their "thumper" gear saver and the normal 80w?

I'm betting it's the exact same stuff just rebadged to market specifically to the thumper crowd.
I'd run it since you have it.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, lhc450 said:

I'm betting it's the exact same stuff just rebadged to market specifically to the thumper crowd.
I'd run it since you have it.

Probably. I'm pretty sure it would be fine even if it is different. I plan on running it, thanks for the advice!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, theBIGnaud said:

just switch to atf now. way cheaper.

I'm sure atf works fine, but for my own peace of mind I would prefer to use something a little thicker. I will switch to something cheaper once I use up what I have laying around. 

Edited by 1999yz125
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2017 at 4:51 PM, 1999yz125 said:

I have some belray thumper gear saver 80w85 laying around. I assume this would work fine in the sx. What exactly is the difference between their "thumper" gear saver and the normal 80w?

The viscosity for one. The Thumper Gear Saver is an 80W-85 and the regular Gear Saver comes in 80W or 75W. So the "Thumper" product is a thicker oil.

• Like 1