didnt know my Dad had a ride

So my Dad isnt doing so well these days and due to that he has been going through all his old boxed up keepsakes. 

Today he gave me this , I had no idea he bought a bike at 17.  He couldnt remember the make but it was a 250 cc something.

Made my day.

IMG_8046.JPG

IMG_8052.JPG

IMG_8053.JPG

IMG_8054.JPG

IMG_8055.JPG

IMG_8056.JPG

IMG_8058.JPG

IMG_8059.JPG

IMG_8060.JPG

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Harpdogg said:

So my Dad isnt doing so well these days and due to that he has been going through all his old boxed up keepsakes. 

Today he gave me this , I had no idea he bought a bike at 17.  He couldnt remember the make but it was a 250 cc something.

Made my day.

Incredible stuff. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

There are nostalgia enthusiasts looking for era catalogs and magazines.

• Like 1

Funny what we learn about our parents. My Dad was an RCAF engine mech at the age of 17, wrenching on Merlin, Griffin and other various aircraft engines in WW2. After the war he rebuilt his '42 Harley and promptly seized the engine going 70mph on a gravel road. Apparently he installed the rings incorrectly!

I still remember the little Yamaha 100 we brought home when I was about 8, lead to a lifetime of love of motorcycles for my brother and I. Dad passed last July but I will always be grateful.

• Like 1

My mother hated motorcycles.   I didn't know my father ever owned one until after his death.  Mom wouldn't let him tell us about riding a "murder cycle".   Some how I wore her down,  and she let me have a small Honda (s90, 1965, acquired by me in late 66).  Almost two years later when I attracted some attention and a shop built a motorcycle at a price I could afford with their help I started racing.  She was very supportive,   and was always the first one ready to go to the next race.   Then I got to see pictures of Dad and his Indian Scout.   

That catalog is like a little piece of history in itself as it came from a dealership that was very well known for supporting the racing of the day.  

Edited by ossagp
  • Like 1

I'm starting to think these catalogs might be good in a collection somewhere, they are in mint condition dont even smell old.

I need to search this up, its before Mr Honda and the rest came into the market.

1 hour ago, ossagp said:

My mother hated motorcycles.   I didn't know my father ever owned one until after his death.  Mom wouldn't let him tell us about riding a "murder cycle".   Some how I wore her down,  and she let me have a small Honda (s90, 1965, acquired by me in late 66).  Almost two years later when I attracted some attention and a shop built a motorcycle at a price I could afford with their help I started racing.  She was very supportive,   and was always the first one ready to go to the next race.   Then I got to see pictures of Dad and his Indian Scout.   

That catalog is like a little piece of history in itself as it came from a dealership that was very well known for supporting the racing of the day.  

My mother HATED dirtbikes when i was growing up, she would not allow it.

My Dad was cool but could not  win this fight, so he bartered a deal with Mom that agreed to No Dirtbikes but I could have guns, and i got one every birthday there after.

I always found it odd Mom thought I would kill myself on a dirtbike and guns were OK , great work there Dad.