Registering a dirt bike in VERMONT

ATTENTION VERMONT STREET LEGAL DIRT BIKE RIDERS. HELP/ KNOWLEDGE NEEDED PLEASE
I am going to attempt to register my XR 400 in Vermont, after I purchase an enduro light kit. I talked to a couple shops that inspect bikes so that you can then take the form and get a registration at the Vermont DMV. The inspection stations are telling me the lights have to have the little DOT marking. I understand the tires but the lights also. A little research into the different kits such as Baja Designs and Tusk reveal that they are not DOT approved lights. Any help that can be provided would be GREATLY appreciated. I am closest to Dummerston, Bennington and the Springfield DMV office, still a 2 hr. ride. I live in Massachusetts, if anyone knows of any shops that won't pull out a magnifying glass looking for DOT markings that would be helpful. Also a good Enduro kit based on personal experience would be helpful as well. Just want to get a plate on it so I can ride with my son, he just turned 16. Feel free to message me privately if that would be preferable.
Thanks in advance
Don

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just bit the bullet and bought a DOT headlight. As for registering it in Ma forget it unless it is a KTM or a Husqvarna. In that case I believe it can be done easily due to the C of A does not say for off road use only. Go the Vermont route.