Sign in to follow this  

Where do you get your parts?

Various internet vendors, the usual.  But I prefer the parts fairy.

• Like 1

Dealership if they can get it, which they usually can.

3 hours ago, Silverscottsk10 said:

Should we make a list of websites?
Rocky Mountain is probably the most common at this point lol

Rocky Mountain is pretty good all the way around. Price, selection, delivery. I've bought from them for years without issue.

I had a recent problem with one of their relatively expensive Tusk products, pannier racks. They took care of it to my satisfaction.

I put in a maintenance order with them today, mostly OEM KTM parts. 👍

• Like 1

Rocky Mountain because of the rmcash and their prices are as low as anyone else's.

I accidentally messed up a head o ring recently, called them up and they sent me another 2 fo free. 

Motosport has a good Chem sale once a year but they started charging my state taxes this year for some reason.

Edited by Casing-daily

Slavens, Rocky mountain, and Amazon for non-wear or maintenance/upkeep items. Dealer for those things. Oil, spark plugs etc. 

RMATV has always been my number 1 go to for online gear and parts. Standard things like tires. oil, filters, etc.., along with a lot of OEM stuff, I get at the local parts/service shop. If it's a small OEM item like a gasket or o-ring type thing that I'm needing right now and they have in stock, I'll go to the local dealership. Dealership used to be a good place for all OEM stuff as they gave me a good discount, but over the last year they've turned over their whole parts department (some of the guys had been there for over 10 years), and all discounts are gone, full list price on everything. So now I don't get anything there unless I just have to.

I support local business and buy from local shops as much as I can (I get a nice discount for being a return customer, racer and club member). 

If I need to buy online it's from RM because the prices are fair and I know it will be at my doorstep in 2 days. Plus, I get a lot of RM gift cards from races and club meetings. 

Rocky Mtn totally for me. Quit wasting time, trusting the locals many many years ago. If I didn't occasionally just want to look at a new bike I would probably never enter a local dealership.

Edited by YHGEORGE

Aftermarket & OEM Ebay mostly but always check amazon to as a better price occasionally pops up. OEM is mostly Motosport. Usually have free 3 day shipping if over $75. 

Now when your searching for OEM, go to motosport and copy the part number down and drop it in your eBay search engine. Sometimes OEM parts are listed by part number and will not show on a description search. Same goes for some aftermarket parts when you find the correct part you want, take the manufacture part number and do another search. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, green450machine said:

Aftermarket & OEM Ebay mostly but always check amazon to as a better price occasionally pops up. OEM is mostly Motosport. Usually have free 3 day shipping if over $75. 

Now when your searching for OEM, go to motosport and copy the part number down and drop it in your eBay search engine. Sometimes OEM parts are listed by part number and will not show on a description search. Same goes for some aftermarket parts when you find the correct part you want, take the manufacture part number and do another search. 

Good luck!

Yeah motosport is good. 

Chaparral is good for tires.  But, maybe that's because we're all using Kendas, and they are a big Kenda distributor. 😉