250rr rear sprocket 50 or 51

Thinking of going uo from a 49, what have you tried and which did you prefer, i mainly single track and tight woods, atm with the 49 1st to 2nd seem a bit of a stretch, what your choices

One or 2 teeth on the rear is not going to make a major difference..Are you running a 13 counter sprocket?

Edited by dyrtmon

Thanks driftnick interesting that they list a 50 or 52 option but not 51? Anyone using a 50 after trying a 51?

• Like 1

Using a 51 after 50 first, 49 second. 51 male a huge difference. Able to run 3rd gear a lot in the twisties. With the rekluse you can run 4th for awesome traction. Been experimenting for 4 years and think this is the best setup. Then you have 3 more gears for the open stuff but I rarely go over 5th when racing. I run the Pirelli 16 and it works with the standard chain. Other tires or the big 16 might require a link or two extra on the chain.

• Like 1

I'm going to try 51 again next.  Ran this when mine was a 300, then went to 50.  50 on the 250 is pretty good but sometimes your in second too much where third would be better.   I think the trans could be just a hair tighter for the 250 and it would be perfect.

• Like 1

51T gave me that third gear lug in the tight woods that I was after.  

• Like 2

Same here the 51 on the 250 will let you use 3rd gear in tight woods, slide the clutch through corners and shift less.    

I ran stock in the 300, it lugs from nothing so that covers most bases,