New to riding...

I know this isnt just a dirt bike im looking at buying a bike ... I have never had or owned a bike... and after reading alot i see that a dual sport seems to be the way to go... i have looked at all kinds and come to these bikes

Yamaha wr250r

Drz400sm

Dr650

I am about 6 foot 240lbs and drive about 19 miles a day to work and back.. no interstate.. i would just like your thoughts thanks

Humm how hard is it to convert that to a street legal bike, and I am concerned with the increased maintenance intervals. Since im a noob i really dont wanna mess the bike up..

Not very hard, a brake light and a mirror (depending on state) It has e start and a headlight from the factory. Also for maintenance just read the manual, worst case scenario youtube it. Im 15 and I have done all the maintenance on my bike so far.

I will look into it. I live in georgia soo im sure it can be converted soo you think thats a good bike to learn on?

Yea, there ya go, lets put a rank newbie on a bike with ca 50+ HP.  What could possible go wrong?

OP:  The WR250R would be the best choice for you.  The engines are near indestructable  and they are more than fas enough for a newbie.

Man this is getting harder to decide simply because with my situation ya know being married and all... this might be the only bike i ever get... soo rite now i never see myself having the guts to get on the interstate but one day i might soo the dr650 is looking pretty good...and i would be on road like 80% of the time... i think im even more undecided than when i started

let's back up a bit.  Please explain what type of riding you want/expect to do.  The only thing that I saw was that you intend to commute ~20 miles per day on it, right? 

What type of dirt biking are you wanting/expecting to do with this bike?

let's back up a bit.  Please explain what type of riding you want/expect to do.  The only thing that I saw was that you intend to commute ~20 miles per day on it, right? 
What type of dirt biking are you wanting/expecting to do with this bike?

Sorry didnt mean to reply that fat finger poblem...

What im saying is this will be the only bike i prolly get for the next 4-6 yrs

I dont intend on using the interstate but what if one day i do deside to do some light touring....nothing cross country but ...possibly to the north ga mountains or something....

My buddy swears a drz400sm is what i need... i just dont want to regret it once my skills get better and have the guts to ride on the interstate...

As far as off roading goes i plan on some light to intermediate trails on weekends

I hear the dr650 is to much of a pig

And the drz400 is much more fun

I guess im looking for the perfect bike haha and i dont think there is one