YZ250FX STANDARD FRONT, TIRE 90 90 21

Hello ! In the STANDARD FRONT, TIRE 90 90 21! WHO USES ANOTHER SIZE? 

on any bike, an 80/100 is quicker turning and better in the woods and track, the 90/100 is slower turning, but tracks better in desert and more open terrain.

i tried that fatty when it first came out and hated it. felt like i was riding a tw200

Edited by DRS

Just went to a 90/100 from my previous 80/100. I'm unsure if I like it or not. Bike seems to take more effort to turn, but I'm giving it time to see if it's just in my head.

3 minutes ago, Goatse said:

Just went to a 90/100 from my previous 80/100. I'm unsure if I like it or not. Bike seems to take more effort to turn, but I'm giving it time to see if it's just in my head.

the 90/100 turns in slower than a 90/90 or 80/100.  it's not in your head.

the 90/100 turns in slower than a 90/90 or 80/100.  it's not in your head.

Except it's a 250cc dirtbike. So the difference should be negligible and hardly translate to using up more energy. So that's why I'll give it a few more rides. I could end up getting better results with a small riding style change.

Kind of like how I finally bit the bullet and bought some Gaerne SG12 boots. I absolutely hated them the first few rides and almost sold them. I was literally blowing corners because I wasn't getting the same amount of rear brake as my Alpinestars I rode for 3 years before them. It took a bunch more movement to actually push the rear brake. But now after 5-6 rides I don't even feel a difference. Now they're the best boots I've ever had.

2 hours ago, Goatse said:

Except it's a 250cc dirtbike. So the difference should be negligible and hardly translate to using up more energy. So that's why I'll give it a few more rides. I could end up getting better results with a small riding style change.

Kind of like how I finally bit the bullet and bought some Gaerne SG12 boots. I absolutely hated them the first few rides and almost sold them. I was literally blowing corners because I wasn't getting the same amount of rear brake as my Alpinestars I rode for 3 years before them. It took a bunch more movement to actually push the rear brake. But now after 5-6 rides I don't even feel a difference. Now they're the best boots I've ever had.

the 90/100 turns in slower than a 90/90 or 80/100. same goes for a 110/100 rear vs a 120/100 rear,  same goes for an 18" vs. 19" rear, same goes for one size up on a pilot jet, same goes for a 250 vs. 300;  and like anything, of course you will eventually just get used to it if you just keep riding with it, but that is not what you were wondering. ;)

Edited by DRS

15 hours ago, Goatse said:

If you like those try the Sidi. I tried Alpines, Fox, Gaerne,  and I 2004 tried Sidi. I'm on my second pair. I can't wear anything else now. Several friends tried them and that all they wear now. But everyone has their favorites, some love them and some hate them. The size are differant, go bigger.