Sign in to follow this  

Clutch Problems

I recently installed the tusk clutch kit in my bike. After doing so I can't get any adjustment in the cable with out the clutch slipping. Was I supposed to remove the judder springs or leave them in?

I recently installed the tusk clutch kit in my bike. After doing so I can't get any adjustment in the cable with out the clutch slipping. Was I supposed to remove the judder springs or leave them in?

Typically there is no reason to disassemble the primary at all when just replacing plates unless you want to measure or replace the springs.

Why are you asking about the judder springs in reference to an engagement issue?

Did you soak the friction plates in oil before installation?
  • Like 1

Normally  a judder spring is only used with a set of plates that has one plate with a larger inside diameter so the judder spring fits inside that one plate. If all the frictions were exactly the same, the judder WILL cause a problem.

I've fried all the disk being rough on my clutch from doing wheelies. And it just doesn't feel right when I shift and down shift. I could barely get any slack in the cable. It had the disk in the kit that has the space for the judder spring in it. Just feels like it's to much.