Sign in to follow this  

Ktm exc wiring help

Hi all, some help is required. I have bought a Ktm exc200 which i am very happy with. Thr previous owner had removed most of the wiring needed for the lights and horn etc and i want to get it working again so i can get an MOT and green lane it. 

The instruments still work but it looks like the wire to the rear brake has been cut at the master cylendar. 

See the attached pic, can anyone tell me what the connectors are for? 20170603_141226.jpg.670cf2d19fadaa362542eb4c26cb840b.jpg

If the wiring has been cut at the rear master cylinder, the banjo fitting with the switch built in can be replaced cheaply.

Have edited your image to show what the connectors are for.

10mm-x-1-00-Pitch-Double-Banjo-Universal-font-b-Motorcycle-b-font-Hydraulic-font-b.jpg

ktm wiring.jpg

Wow you are a ledgened TwoHundred, i didnot expect someone to do that, Thank you! Another question, the cable and the switch to the front brake has also been removed, can i use a rear banjo brake switch on the front? The switch seems quite expensive for what it is. 

Yes ,the switches are crazy expensive for a little microswitch you could also add a banjo brake switch to the front aswell.

Ah good, i'll do that then, its starting to add up a bit. The rear light but the cable has been cut at the light end, do i need to buy the whole rear light unit or is there an alternative? It looks hard-wired. I can see 2 connectors not connected to anything hanging down around the carb... i assume they're the indicators and rear light..

So is the taillight still connected to the rear fender?

You can add your own wiring in between if that's the case, the wiring connector for the taillight should be under seat and should look like the connector of the image shown.

What colour wires are in the connectors that are not connected?

My6Ex.jpg

Edited by TwoHundred

The 3 pin connector is for the rear indicators, the other is for the rear brake switch.

The wiring for the taillight should be there along top of the frame (and sit in the cavity shown in the image) then after the connector runs through the airbox and out the RH side of the rear fender.

347767p.jpg

Edited by TwoHundred