Can't fit gas tank back on, this is in the way (pics)

Took my tank off and can't seem to slide 8t back on as this harness is restricting it, where is it supposed to be tucked? Thanks! 1496507793447.jpeg

That CDI Box goes in front of the steering neck behind the # plate.
That fuel tank rubber on the front of the frame goes on top of the frame under the fuel tank. It does nothing where it's mounted now.

An OEM Factory Honda Shop Manual will show you in photos where everything is supposed to fit just like the factory built it.

That fuel tank rubber on the front of the frame goes on top of the frame under the fuel tank. It does nothing where it's mounted now.

The picture is rotated left 90 degrees, so the rubber is actually on top, and fine where it is.

:ride:

The picture is rotated left 90 degrees, so the rubber is actually on top, and fine where it is.

Ugh, my bad..... but like Kathy Griffen said, it's not my fault, since the photo was rotated.

• Like 2

Thanks for the response, I've got it tucked in the frame, I don't see a specific spot to put it behind number plate, as I've got the headlight wired up there and it would seem like a weird fit, is there generally a bracket or specific space it's in?

Been looking for a 2017 shop manual but can't seem to find one.

There's a bracket bolted to the steering tube that the rubber carrier (the piece around the CDI) clips into.  If you don't have room there for the CDI because of the headlight you added, you can move the CDI under the fuel tank.  Just not the way you did it.  Try something like this:

http://rickramsey.net/CRF230Fforks.htm#steeringstop

• Like 2

13 hours ago, adnohguy said:

Ugh, my bad..... but like Kathy Griffen said, it's not my fault, since the photo was rotated.

I bit my lip recently, my fault.  

Who does Kathy Griffin blame when she bites her lip?

I bit my lip recently, my fault.  
Who does Kathy Griffin blame when she bites her lip?

She is victim of being bullied.