Recommend me some tires

Heres a little video of where I ride and the type of terrain as you can see its very dry and very rocky soft tires do not last long, BTW not me in the video or anyone I know just a video I found googling chappie ohv. The bike a 2010 rmz250.  

I may sound like a broken record here, but Kenda Parker DT would probably work very well for you. My favorite tire ever for rocky gnarly terrain.

• Like 1

Those rocks are going to tear up all but the toughest tires.  If you're running a 19" rear your choices are limited.  Most of the good choices for this terrain are only available in 18" sizes. 

I just ordered up a Motoz Tractionator H/T, which is available in the 110/90-19 size.  Its a DOT approved hard terrain tire that looks very promising in hard terrain conditions.  I have had great results with the Kenda K270 in hard and rocky conditions but this tire is among those only available in 18" sizes.

1 hour ago, nopo530 said:

Heres a little video of where I ride and the type of terrain as you can see its very dry and very rocky soft tires do not last long, BTW not me in the video or anyone I know just a video I found googling chappie ohv. The bike a 2010 rmz250. 

Looks like a really smooth, dry, version of our OHV area. I've been having great results with the Shinko 524/525 combo on wet roots and rocks with the rest being pea gravel and larger rocks like you have in the video. They stick like trials tires on the wet ledge rock and roots, grip like a normal knobby in the gravel and occasional dirt, plus they wear like a much harder compound tire. And the best part about them.. They're cheap.

Edited by OLHILLBILLY

I had mt43 and loved it out there but they only make them 18inch, money's tight right now so I'm gonna have to stick with a 19inch rim.

I'm at the lake right same type of terrain as our ohv here's a close up.IMG_1496520695.605883.jpg

31 minutes ago, nopo530 said:

I'm at the lake right same type of terrain as our ohv here's a close up.IMG_1496520695.605883.jpg

looks like you got a variety of terrain. High sierra type. 

Honestly sometimes I really hate it sucks when you wanna hookup and go fast.

There are some proven tough wearing tires (Parker DT, Maxxis IT etc) but how you ride will also make a big difference,

the rear tire will wear out faster if overinflated and always spinning away versus aired down, conforming to terrain / optimal traction.

You'll have to find the trade-off between traction and flat prevention.

21 minutes ago, nopo530 said:

Anyone ever try the shinko 505?

Do some searching, there are a couple of ongoing tire threads with lots of discussions. I just pulled off a 505, meh. I doubt I will ever buy another.  To be sort of fair, I didn't ride it in alpine rocky conditions, but my feeling is it will struggle a little bit in those dry sandy, loose dirt sections between all those rocks you are showing.  The more I try different tires, the more I am coming to the conclusion that massively large, gooey knobs are the way to go. That is not a 505 (they are sort of sticky but not real big knobs) There is a crew that swears the tire  (if I recall correctly) is the IRC MB5, for that variable loose dirt, rocky dirt, rocks, crap dry conditions.  If you are on more of a budget try a Sedona 907, a different crew swears by those. If you are stuck on 19" rear, which it sounds like I am not familiar with your bike, then I don't know what's available. 

Edited by KaToomTime

8 minutes ago, nopo530 said:

I think I'm gonna try the 505 as for the front maybe Bridgestone x30 or something 90/100x21

I guess I should have specified that i run the R505 in the rear, the 505 is a hard compound, r505 is soft

Edited by Wild Alaskan

That's what I meant to say the R505 sorry didn't know they had a 505 and a R505 rmatv is only showing the R505.

Anyone have any experience with Bridgestone x30,x40,starcross5 medium or the starcross5 hard, as a front tire?

11 minutes ago, KaToomTime said:

Do some searching, there are a couple of ongoing tire threads with lots of discussions. I just pulled off a 505, meh. I doubt I will ever buy another.  To be sort of fair, I didn't ride it in alpine rocky conditions, but my feeling is it will struggle a little bit in those dry sandy, loose dirt sections between all those rocks you are showing.  The more I try different tires, the more I am coming to the conclusion that massively large, gooey knobs are the way to go. That is not a 505 (they are sort of sticky but not real big knobs) There is a crew that swears the tire  (if I recall correctly) is the IRC MB5, for that variable loose dirt, rocky dirt, rocks, crap dry conditions.  If you are on more of a budget try a Sedona 907, a different crew swears by those. If you are stuck on 19" rear, which it sounds like I am not familiar with your bike, then I don't know what's available. 

I would disagree, it works good on loose, yet rocky surfaces

I used one on my 490 when touring "the toughest trails in california". Its definitely no trials tire on the rocks, but keeps most the good handling aspect of a knobby as well as fairly acceptable performance on soft terrains.
limey%20trap%20two_zpselupnxng.jpg

For front tires one of my favorite all around tires in the Bridgestone M59