2013 250 xc replace throttle assembly

Hi guys,

Replaced my throttle tube and grips on the bike last night (2013 250 XC) and when I took apart the rubber cover of the domino throttle assembly, the metal has been broken into two pieces in one of my crashes.  

I was thinking of upgrading to the motion pro throttle cable after reading threads of the throttle cable getting stuck WFO. Should I?

My question is do I just go with the stock OEM domino assembly (what is the part #), or do I take this opportunity to upgrade?  I have searched whats out there I just want to get what the collective thinks.

Thanks for the help,

Billtro

https://www.motionpro.com/product/01-0054

Will the vortex throttle cable work?  I will be purchasing a Motion Pro T3 sidelight cable that is 5.3" longer to route infront of the bars, and a motion pro plastic throttle tube.

i feel like an idiot, but think this will work without having to shell out for another OEM Domino throttle assembly 

thanks guys!

FWIW,
Make sure your housing is the updated version.
The old ones had a tendency to allow the cable to drop under the pulley and create the WFO issue, aggravated by a too loose cable in the closed position.
IMG_4659.JPG
It was a recalled part prior to 2013 but my 2013 250 xc-w had the old housing.
Also the T-3 cable in the long version is the best IMHO.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lhc450 said:

FWIW,
Make sure your housing is the updated version.
The old ones had a tendency to allow the cable to drop under the pulley and create the WFO issue, aggravated by a too loose cable in the closed position.
IMG_4659.JPG
It was a recalled part prior to 2013 but my 2013 250 xc-w had the old housing.
Also the T-3 cable in the long version is the best IMHO.

this is what i needed to hear.  Thank you for the help.

• Like 1