Sign in to follow this  

DRZ 400s miles

Hey guys...

I'm thinking about buying a DRZ 400s from a friend but I'm hesitant as the bike has high mileage 29,000 miles.  He has jetted the bike with air box mod, 4 gallon acerbis tank, new tires, led turn signals, low profile led taillight with turn signal, led headlight with ballast kit and cycra handguards. Theres more as well like a rear rack and a few other things.  Just worried about the mileage.  He's used AMS Oil since it was at 2000 miles.  Any input on a price or mileage would be much appreciated. Thanks

Hey guys...
I'm thinking about buying a DRZ 400s from a friend but I'm hesitant as the bike has high mileage 29,000 miles.  He has jetted the bike with air box mod, 4 gallon acerbis tank, new tires, led turn signals, low profile led taillight with turn signal, led headlight with ballast kit and cycra handguards. Theres more as well like a rear rack and a few other things.  Just worried about the mileage.  He's used AMS Oil since it was at 2000 miles.  Any input on a price or mileage would be much appreciated. Thanks

Mileage doesn't usually scare me especially in the scenario of you know the life of the bike and seems well maintained you didn't say what year it was but I'd say a fair price is anything under 3500 hope this helps good luck with the purchase!

Brave man.   That is a lot of miles.   Price and useage intended would be my guide.  I can't help but think that even under the best of conditions that I wouldn't want to plan a top end soon at the very least (including valve work). 

Brave man.   That is a lot of miles.   Price and useage intended would be my guide.  I can't help but think that even under the best of conditions that I wouldn't want to plan a top end soon at the very least (including valve work). 

Ya i would agree with you on that atleast it would be good piece of mind knowing the top end is fresh and tight

I'd be more worried about the bottom end, having had 3 failures in 52Kmiles

Piston and cylinder replate at 30K coz it was burning oil but no valve work yet required

• Like 1

depends on condition/how much weather its seen .. thats what mileage really says to me, that is, its probably corroded and beat to sht ... without seeing it i would say less than 2 grand ..

I've known this bike since my buddy got it. It's a 2007 and it's been well taken care of.  The only reason he's getting rid of it is he bought the new 2017 Husqvarna FE 501s.  He wanted more power.

Edited by BillsXr

I wouldn't be doing anything serious to the engine unless you determined that it actually needed rebuilding. I've known the DRZ to go close to 100k miles without major overhaul. You might need a camchain, stator, etc but that is not major overhaul stuff, that is maintenance.

• Like 2